• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

What'll be funny is next summer when everyone starts stressing that we haven't signed Dendoncker permanently yet.

What'll be funny is next summer when everyone starts stressing that we haven't signed Dendoncker permanently yet.
Like we had with Jota. That was a glorious month

Like we had with Jota. That was a glorious month

Not my recent favourite though.

That was "we accepted a bid 10 minutes before kick off vs Forest for Costa and that's why he's not playing tonight. Or in any games for the next six months".

Not my recent favourite though.

That was "we accepted a bid 10 minutes before kick off vs Forest for Costa and that's why he's not playing tonight. Or in any games for the next six months".

Nothing beats O'Hara.

It'd be a great signing, but I reckon he's going to be very, very expensive.

You are talking £60m plus I would imagine. I would be TUMESCENT if we could make it happen.

And FFP on the fee is fine. It is wages where we have to be careful. And Felix' wages are affordable.

I don't think that rules us out...

This summer is potentially going to be fucking bonkers.

Benfica aren't looking to sell Felix for lower than the 120M release clause.

Which means jackshit, as Vieira doesn't understand a bloody thing about football, nor cares to. He probably would sell for 60M.

I don't think that rules us out...

This summer is potentially going to be fucking bonkers.

Of course it doesn't, just that this particular article is crap.

We did apparently have people at the Benfica vs Sporting game the other day. These were the line ups:

Sporting: Ribiero, Gaspar, Coates, Pinto, Jefferson, Fernandes, Gudelj, Wendel, Raphina, Dost, Nani.

Benfica: Vlachodimos, Almeida, Dias, Jardel, Grimaldo, Pizzi, Samaris, Gabriel, Silva, Félix, Seferović.

Dias, Grimaldo, Felix please...

Felix would be very very good. But he's gotta be too expensive.

As for the rest, not sure if Wolves would benefit a lot from either Ruben Dias (another Ruben ahah) or Grimaldo.

Ruben is prone to being too agressive and having brainfreeze moments. Grimaldo is not that good defending, but very good in the attack phase. However, with Jonny and Vinny not sure if we really need him here. Plus, I don't want him to leave Benfica either. I get shivers of thinking Yuri Ribeiro would be the first team guy.

Grimaldo is rated around 35M €, I think. As for Ruben, Benfica allegedly refused a 40M offer for him, in the summer.

Grimaldo is a LWB I think?

We've already got two of them, so that's a no.

Ruben Dias definitely, just what we need - and if we can persuade Félix then excellent... there’s a lot of good young Portuguese footballers at the moment, I very much hope we’ll be tapping into that potential this summer.

Ruben Dias definitely, just what we need - and if we can persuade Félix then excellent... there’s a lot of good young Portuguese footballers at the moment, I very much hope we’ll be tapping into that potential this summer.

There are indeed. We have three very good academies in Portugal. Benfica leads atm, with Sporting having lagged behind. Porto is a bit more incognito, but have forked out some very big talents (Neves, Dalot, guy from Leicester iirc, and now Felix which finished his youth time in Benfica).

However, like I've been saying, Benfica players should not come cheaply as 15M for Neves.

Never seen Felix play. Is he better than Jota?
Technically, yes. He's gone straight into the first team and started producing as well. Remains to be seen how he'd do in a more competitive league but the signs are all there, he was superb in the game against Sporting (who to be fair are a very poor team). Benfica have 2 massive games coming up against Galatasaray, it'll be interesting to see how he performs on such a big stage.

Grimaldo is a LWB I think?

We've already got two of them, so that's a no.
We were still after Zinchenko in the summer after we'd added Jonny Castro Otto. Grimaldo on the left, Jonny on the right would compliment each other nicely. Álex is absolute fire going forward.

Barcelona fans are hoping that they resign Grimaldo so I don't think he's one we can really turn our nose up at. :icon_lol:

Back