• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

He's been pretty clear so far he doesn't intend on sticking around past this year. I'd love to think we could change his mind, and *maybe* in the best of all worlds if we manage to sneak into a Euro spot we might have a chance, but otherwise you wouldn't begrudge him taking a shot at one of the better teams in Europe. IIRC Atletico signed him to a 6 year deal, including the year with us, and he seems to be Juanfran's heir apparent, so he's definitely in their plans.

Aaron Ramsey would be nice as an attacking option if his contract isnt renewed..know it wont happen but he is a great player, much better than Wilshere for example

Footballer reporter calculated the total required to sign Ramsey over his contract length - £100m. Not for me at that price at all, good player, but doesn't fit in our team at all.

Especially given how injury prone he can sometimes be. Though I think he'd do well as an inside forward in our system.

He wants 200k a week which must be miles out of what we are currently paying players. In terms of money we can afford it but do we want a player like him on that much money compared to Neves and Moutinho who are frankly better players? No.

He'll end up at Liverpool I reckon as Arsenal will try to get a bit of money out of him and sell on the cheap on Jan. In terms of ability I would take Ramsey but it I feel he does not warrant the demanded wage and that sort of money could just cause troubles with the squad - which is what is happening at Arsenal. Ozil gets 350k a week and does jack, other players want more as he was getting far more than everyone else which he can't justify and it creates this silly problem over the money. Just an unnecessary thing so avoid.

I always thought Jonny was one of those proper Mendes deals.

We want him but have half an eye on FFP and also he is reluctant to commit to a permanent transfer to a newly promoted club.
Madrid buy him and stick him on a long contract so it hardly registers on their own FFP, particularly with the loan fee we pay.
1 year on, we sign the player we want.
Jonny is playing in the most lucrative and high profile league in the world
Madrid double their money helping with their FFP moving forward.
Mendes gets fees coming in right, left and centre.
Everybody wins!

Linked with McKenna from Aberdeen. I know nothing about him other than he is a centre back and that Celtic tried to sign him in the summer.

Linked with McKenna from Aberdeen. I know nothing about him other than he is a centre back and that Celtic tried to sign him in the summer.

I remember listening to a Celtic reporter on the radio saying the lad was not all that at the moment but may have the potential to one day be Celtic standard but would be high risk at the price quoted.

Got any quotes? I've never read anything from him.

You know what, I looked and couldn't find any. So I'm not sure how this idea has gotten into my head? I could swear I had seen something :icon_redface:

Let's just assume I'm wrong and he's fallen in love with the place :surrender:

He can piss off, let him go to Napoli

He would be trading their bench for ours. He’s not replacing any of the wing backs or midfielders.

Apparently The S*n is linking us with Adam Reach of Sheffield Wednesday.

That'll be Thelwell as he was interested when he has to Boro. You could make a fantastic YouTube package, but I think he's a player built for highlights

Apparently The S*n is linking us with Adam Reach of Sheffield Wednesday.

Certainly one of the few players in the Championship who looks capable of making the step up. He does look in danger of becoming a utility player in various positions at the moment rather than looking to lock down one position. For all his goals in that inside right position his overall game looks to be suffering.

Reads like taking Thelwell's comments and then making stuff up. We don't need a right back - I'm giving a pass on the fact we don't play one. We have an International centre midfielder who can't even make the bench I doubt we are looking there either. Centre forward and left wing back are our areas of need, although obviously if World Class upgrades are available elsewhere then we take them.

Spiers saying we're after Divock Origi.

Looked decent a season or two ago.

Back