• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Saying he's not for sale is a waste of time any way. Every player has a price.

Saying he's not for sale is a waste of time any way. Every player has a price.

Yes, that's true, but telling them what is isn't necessarily going to make them feel part of the family, is it? A reluctant sale is very different from an advertised one.

Players, or at least their agents are made aware of approaches. If Wolves hand out a high fee, it'll stop some clubs approaching in the first place and maybe stop a player's head from being turned.

Zinchenko played the full game for City today...

I hadn't realised that Jonny was only a 1 season loan.

Yeah, we won't be keeping him either unfortunately.

I don't think we will. He's a perfect full back for Simeone in my opinion

We'll stick in an offer but I'd be really surprised if it's accepted. Atletico didn't make his deal a loan-to-buy quite on purpose, IMO.

Why will we stick in an offer when we know he's not for sale?

Why will we stick in an offer when we know he's not for sale?

Doesn't waste much time, and you might get lucky. Really no reason not to.

Uncle Jorge will help us out.

I really wish he would in this case. Jonny is fucking sublime.

Doesn't waste much time, and you might get lucky. Really no reason not to.

It probably doesn't waste time in the grand scheme of things and resources are minimal, but there is no way in hell Atletico are going to let him come here. He's fucking mint.

I really wish he would in this case. Jonny is $#@!ing sublime.

It probably doesn't waste time in the grand scheme of things and resources are minimal, but there is no way in hell Atletico are going to let him come here. He's $#@!ing mint.

I agree, which is why I'd stick a bid in just in case someone there wants to do something really stupid and sell him. You never know.

If we offer them a big enough return for no effort on their part they'd probably sell. Who knows what that figure would be though, knowing that they can ask what they want and we want him badly.

Transfermarkt says Atletico got him from Celta Vigo for €7m. Not sure about the conversions but that sounds like a steal to me.

Transfermarkt says Atletico got him from Celta Vigo for €7m. Not sure about the conversions but that sounds like a steal to me.

Last year of his deal so that makes the amount low.

I agree, which is why I'd stick a bid in just in case someone there wants to do something really stupid and sell him. You never know.

We'd have covered that when we loaned him though. Atleti know what they're getting with him.

We'd have covered that when we loaned him though. Atleti know what they're getting with him.

A year is a long time for a situation to change. They could have their eyes on a different defender by May. Granted, so could we.

Back