• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I remember watching him v Arsenal and I think I described him as Edwards-max to Dan. He did a lot of running around but not a lot else. I will let him off as that was under Lambert...

New twitter handle Johnny?

chjlHo0.png

New twitter handle Johnny?

chjlHo0.png

Not me, I think Bauer is a decent player. I'm Thelwell's number 1 fan btw, I think he's ace (Hi Kevin, if you're reading I don't think you're out of your depth at all, honest).

I'd rather we sign better than Doc but if that's not available then Bauer's a decent option in a position we lack depth.

It's safe and sound business as backup for the rest of the season. Not every signing can be a spectacular.

See Bennett, Ryan.

Bauer and a striker would be ideal January business. Shore us up at the back, new option up front, job's done.

Surprised Stoke want to do any business with us at all after we robbed them of £12m for Afobe.

This. You can't deny a player his chance to win titles and cups and Citeh have more chance of that than us right now. I like Nuno but he isn't Pep and the chance to work with Guardiola must be exciting for any player with technical ability.

Neves needs to improve his form and consistency if he is going to play for one of the top 4, he isn't there yet.

Neves needs to improve his form and consistency if he is going to play for one of the top 4, he isn't there yet.

If we want to sell him for £110m I'd agree but we won't and he is proven to be top drawer and young. Plenty of players have been bought for silly amounts based on potential and he's more than that.

I think he goes to City for about £70m as he doesn't need to uproot his family and he's perfect for how Pep plays.

If we want to sell him for £110m I'd agree but we won't and he is proven to be top drawer and young. Plenty of players have been bought for silly amounts based on potential and he's more than that.

I think he goes to City for about £70m as he doesn't need to uproot his family and he's perfect for how Pep plays.

Yep i think that will happen ultimately, but i can't see it happening for a while yet. Actually his performance tonight could have a big say in his future, a good game tonight would really set the hares racing.

Yep i think that will happen ultimately, but i can't see it happening for a while yet. Actually his performance tonight could have a big say in his future, a good game tonight would really set the hares racing.

I think it'll be the end of the season and we'll go for Diawara from Napoli (seems to be a popular link) as a direct replacement. I don't mind this strategy as long as we keep progressing. Of course it would be a shock to lose Neves as he's top drawer.

Worth saying that the Pep-Neves story came about because a journalist directly asked him whether the rumours of City being interested in him for £100m were true, and his response was pretty much "we're not spending that much on any single player, whether it's Neves or anyone else". And then the headlines can be "Pep: We're not spending £100m on Neves", which sounds like he's validating the rumour as truthful, but, really, he isn't...

Regards Bauer, my boss is a Stoke season ticket holder. Just asked him about Bauer and he said he’s been shocking for them. Was signed with a bit of a reputation, but apart from pace has offered very little. End product is poor. Fell out with Rowett but had a couple of chances in the side at the start of the season and was “terrible”.

My boss reckons the link is his agent trying to drum up some interest. He might work better in a wing back role if he’s got pace to burn than he did there in a straight back 4.

Meh, opinions are like arseholes (very apt for clayheads) - I asked 2 STHs and they both really rate him.

Meh, opinions are like arseholes (very apt for clayheads) - I asked 2 STHs and they both really rate him.

Yep, my boss's son is a Clayhead STH and he said he rates him highly - and blames Rowett for the fact he's barely played.

We're now being linked with Benjamin Tetteh of Sparta Prague. The next Didier Drogba...

Back