• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Any ideas?

105e972230eb735ec95628f41add5fa9.jpg

A few saying it’s Bastos from Lazio.
100% Timothy Fosu-Mensah.

12c82f723ec987fefb0a2fbd80a841aa.jpg

Be a good fit for us on bench. Can cover CB and RB.

Bit worrying he couldn't get in a terrible Fulham defence though.

United sent him to Fulham and he's not played much. Why would they let him come to us to bench sit?

Be a good fit for us on bench. Can cover CB and RB.

Bit worrying he couldn't get in a terrible Fulham defence though.

I think their defence was picked each week using a similar system to the one Zenga used at Wolves, names in a hat and the first 4 out play. Had a decent spell at Palace didn't he?

He's not very good, one of those United prospects who they assure everyone will be world beaters and turn out to be nobodies. We've already had Gibson and Borthwick-Jackson on that basis and they were both God awful.

Not one I would bother with at all. No chance of getting in our starting line-up.

No thanks to Fosu-Mensah. No better than Hause who we've just sent on loan.

Unless we're getting someone to come straight into the team, I don't understand a loan deal for someone like TFM. Especially when Donk and Saiss can both cover there.

Perhaps Dendoncker's performance at RCB when Coady had to constantly tell him where to be has convinced him Nuno he needs cover on that side of the defence for Bennett, and he'll only use Donk in CM from now on.

Unless we're getting someone to come straight into the team, I don't understand a loan deal for someone like TFM. Especially when Donk and Saiss can both cover there.

Perhaps Dendoncker's performance at RCB when Coady had to constantly tell him where to be has convinced him Nuno he needs cover on that side of the defence for Bennett, and he'll only use Donk in CM from now on.
Donk wasn't playing RCB against chelsea, he came on as another DM. Coady had to tell him once where to stand for a corner.

Dendoncker came on in midfield vs Chelsea? He's only played at the back for us in the League Cup (only saw the Leicester game but he was fine).

I don't think it's Fosu-Mensah anyway.

Donk wasn't playing RCB against chelsea, he came on as another DM. Coady had to tell him once where to stand for a corner.

and it was accurate shit as well. Donk took over Moutinho's postion at the near post and stood a whole 3 yards out of position.

Donk did ok at RCB v Leicester and Sheff Wed in the League Cup

Watching Utd against spurs TFM would get in ahead of Jones if he had anything about him.

done deal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Fosu-Mensah

Fulham (loan)
On 9 August 2018, Fosu-Mensah joined Fulham on a season-long loan.[9] He made his debut for Fulham on 18 August 2018, in a 3–1 away defeat to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League, playing the full 90 minutes. On 5 November 2018, he scored an own-goal in a 1–0 away defeat to Huddersfield Town in the Premier League.[10]. Manchester United recalled Fosu-Mensah from his loan spell at Fulham and immediately sent him out on loan again, this time to Wolverhampton Wanderers. An option to buy with the fee set at £3m was also agreed with the future Premier League winners.

It's that 'A Trialist' that seems to have played for everybody but never gets a contract ! :)

Trialist A must be really shit though, he spends most of his Saturdays playing in the Scottish 3rd Division. He should retire really, never going to make it

Dendoncker came on in midfield vs Chelsea? He's only played at the back for us in the League Cup (only saw the Leicester game but he was fine).

I don't think it's Fosu-Mensah anyway.
Apologies, I thought the League Cup was the game he was a bit ropey positionally.

Trialist A must be really shit though, he spends most of his Saturdays playing in the Scottish 3rd Division. He should retire really, never going to make it

To be fair to him he keeps plugging away in the Scottish 3rd in front of 300 people

To be fair to him he keeps plugging away in the Scottish 3rd in front of 300 people

Lazy management as well really "well he played for Peterhead, so he must be good, get him in for the week"

Back