• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Bullshit will they.

So you think they'll be saying move to Wolves, your a shoe in for a start most games, there's easily another 15 goals to be had in the top flight and you'll clearly be a massive success?

A move to us has one risk after another, staying at Villa and in the Championship has very few downsides

The downside of staying at Villa is that it's just another half season not proving anything. We all know he can score goals at that level, if he scores 1, 10 or 20 for Villa between now and May then absolutely nothing changes in terms of his status or value.

At some point he has to prove he can play in the Premier League and his parent club are extremely unlikely to give him that opportunity any time soon. With us at least it's a team that are in no danger whatsoever of relegation, play good football and create quite a bit. If he hangs on at Villa then wants a loan move next season, he could end up with some right shitmunchers who never give him anything to work with and play for 0-0s constantly as they're only after one thing, safety.

The downside of staying at Villa is that it's just another half season not proving anything. We all know he can score goals at that level, if he scores 1, 10 or 20 for Villa between now and May then absolutely nothing changes in terms of his status or value.

At some point he has to prove he can play in the Premier League and his parent club are extremely unlikely to give him that opportunity any time soon. With us at least it's a team that are in no danger whatsoever of relegation, play good football and create quite a bit. If he hangs on at Villa then wants a loan move next season, he could end up with some right shitmunchers who never give him anything to work with and play for 0-0s constantly as they're only after one thing, safety.

30 goals in a season looks good on anyone's resume. If it was going to be his first stab at the top flight, I'd agree.

Absolutely bang on, this is why he'll move

And it wouldn't surprise me if a certain Mr Southgate has reminded him of England having a summer finals. Next to Kane the striking berth is open to contenders

And it wouldn't surprise me if a certain Mr Southgate has reminded him of England having a summer finals. Next to Kane the striking berth is open to contenders

Think Rashford may have that covered. I'd rather have Ings than Abraham.

Think Rashford may have that covered. I'd rather have Ings than Abraham.

Ings may be broken. 27 games since 2015.

Rashford isn't Kane's deputy. And he isn't like Abraham. Don't get me wrong Abraham is a surprise but I would love to see him partner up with Raul with Moutinho behind when we look at a 3 5 2 alternative

I'd never heard of Trincao until 5 minutes ago but an extremely quick google has already convinced me that he would be a stunning signing :) No further research needed, get him in Jeff.

Back