• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Good for him. He fits at Villa, not sure he would here.

We should be shopping for better and I hope our scouts up their game,

Abraham was a player to come in to take over Leo's spot not to better Jiminez. Nuno has stated we need to better what we have not strengthen the bench. Again I think Abraham was a stop gap in case we fail in getting a proper target. I think there was always going to be another striker coming in if we did get Tammy.

At least the Pepe signing shit can be put to bed. He has joined Porto

Happy this hasn't worked out. Didn't think he was very good or that he would work in our system. Better for the player to stay and play regularly than be on our bench so makes sense why he chose Villa.

Let's keep looking and try and find better.

Genuinely not bothered about him, serious concerns about him as a footballer and he doesn't trouble our best XI. As Kenny says learn from the Locadia/Zinchenko situations, if someone doesn't want to come then we need to know now and not on deadline day.

He's sending out a big red flag about himself with it mind, very unambitious especially as Villa aren't going up.

Timbo chucks in a grenade:

I understand that Wolves' move for Abraham is NOT dead. Issue is believed to be with FIFA ratifying the move - Wolves have yet to receive clarity and Abraham is staying with Villa for now. Club remain hopeful it can be resolved #wwfc https://t.co/dB5wPO8Liq

Hmmmmm

Everyone else seems pretty clear that it is because Abraham only wants a permanent move and Chelsea don't want to do that. Timbo is seriously off on a limb with that alternate explanation.

I think Timmy II has finally got himself someone at the club on his side, so gone are the days of instantly dismissing his stuff.

It'll all be sorted either way by the 14th as that is the last day Chelsea can recall him.

Do we have to sell Berra first before he can come here?

Tammy is back in training at Villa so that tells you all about this being finished now.

Tammy is back in training at Villa so that tells you all about this being finished now.

Well not really. If Timmy is correct he isn't going to go on strike is he. If FIFA declare an U23 or Comm Shield as a competitive match then any move away is done. So the proper thing to do is return to the club paying you, act like a pro and whatever happens happens...........if Timmy is correct of course.

Two sources (Spiers & BBC) both say we're awaiting confirmation from FIFA as to whether he can play for us or not.

TA going back to train at Villa is the most sensible thing he could do, say he doesn't train again for the Villa but FIFA come back and say he isn't eligible to play for us - where does Tammy spend the rest of his season? He wouldn't want to burn any bridges with Villa, likewise he wouldn't want to commit to a loan to us and then find out he can't play for us and spend 6 months not doing anything.

I think this one has a few twists and turns left in it yet.

After what happened with the last striker we loaned in January, I can't say I necessary blame him if he has turned us down. I'd hope we'll have bigger fish to fry in the summer hence why a loan made sense to us.

Back