• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

If he has turned us down it does suggest that Abraham doesn't back himself in the premier league.

Say he has a stormer with us, he'd have the pick of clubs to choose from next season.

Staying at Villa is going to limit him to either the promoted clubs or the clubs which just about avoided relegation.

Taking the emotion out of it I don't really understand why he'd stay in the Championship

He hasn't turned us down. If he doesn't get clearance from FIFA he can't play so everyone is waiting for clarity from that mob.

Couldn't care less either way to be honest, he doesn't seem to suit out style and I've seen him miss so many chances the moaners wouldn't know whether to switch sides from Costa.

That said, just to be a smarmy cunt to the villa fans at work would be heaven.

Ohh Yammy Yammy
Yammy yammy yammy Abrahams!!

If he has turned us down it does suggest that Abraham doesn't back himself in the premier league.

Say he has a stormer with us, he'd have the pick of clubs to choose from next season.

Staying at Villa is going to limit him to either the promoted clubs or the clubs which just about avoided relegation.

Taking the emotion out of it I don't really understand why he'd stay in the Championship

What if he comes to Wolves are struggles? Wolves won't persevere with a loanee when there are alternate options available in the squad, so he'll be parked on the bench and forgotten about. Then come summer he's back to proving himself in the Championship all over again as no-one will want to take the gamble with him in the Premier League.

It might not be the most ambitious move to stay at Villa but I think it's safe and sensible, he might not get great offers in the summer after bagging loads of Championship goals but he's more likely to get a permanent Premier League move to some extent that way than if he's just about getting by in the PL for half a season.

What if he comes to Wolves are struggles? Wolves won't persevere with a loanee when there are alternate options available in the squad, so he'll be parked on the bench and forgotten about. Then come summer he's back to proving himself in the Championship all over again as no-one will want to take the gamble with him in the Premier League.

It might not be the most ambitious move to stay at Villa but I think it's safe and sensible, he might not get great offers in the summer after bagging loads of Championship goals but he's more likely to get a permanent Premier League move to some extent that way than if he's just about getting by in the PL for half a season.

Agree with that.

If Abraham maintains his form for Villa throughout the rest of the season he enters the next summer window fully confident that Premier league clubs will provide a fresh opportunity. If he went to Wolves and just became an option his impetus could fall away. The financial package at both clubs will probably be very similar.

Have to say if I were TA's advisers I'd tell him to stay put. He's probably already done enough to secure a move to say, Palace or (assuming they are promoted) Leeds. Finish the season well in the Champ and he might even make it to WHU. Sit on our bench and his next boss might be Colin...

Wolves, Stoke City and Atalanta looking at a deal for 17-year-old EA Guingamp forward Aboubaker Es Sahhal.

L’Équipe report this morning that 17-year-old EA Guingamp attacker Aboubaker Es Sahhal is being solicited by multiple sides abroad, with his youth contract expiring in June.
Es Sahhal starts for Guingamp’s reserves in the 5th division of French football, in a league in which he has scored 4 goals and provided 3 assists so far this season.
The French youth international has numerous initial approaches from abroad about signing a professional contract with them instead of with the Brittany outfit, including from Benfica, Atalanta, Wolves and Stoke City.

As it seems to be based on whether he is allowed to play for us I would save the smug face just for now.

Rumour that Spurs would like Matt Doherty? Any confirmations or likelihood those ITK?

Rumour that Spurs would like Matt Doherty? Any confirmations or likelihood those ITK?
He signed up with Mendes this week, so now the rumours start flying around...

Spurs already have a very good understudy in Walker-Peters. They certainly wouldn't pay what we'd ask for Doc (it's an odd one, because he's very valuable to us in this role, but pretty much no other team will give him that job and if he has to do anything else it won't work out well).

Talk of him getting a new contract, so i'd imagine it's do to with that, rather than a genuine interest.

I wonder how much he wants in his new contract.

He signed up with Mendes this week, so now the rumours start flying around...

Spurs already have a very good understudy in Walker-Peters. They certainly wouldn't pay what we'd ask for Doc (it's an odd one, because he's very valuable to us in this role, but pretty much no other team will give him that job and if he has to do anything else it won't work out well).

On face value, and I NEVER thought I would say this but he is worth a new contract given the way we play and how he fits in. We looked instantly more threatening with him on the pitch on Monday down the right. If the right money came in though I would wish him well. I am in the DW camp about how big a success he would be in a more traditional RB role. We play very much to his strengths and compensate very much for his weaknesses.

He's mostly pretty good where we play him and a definite asset to us these days. He is however a RWB who can't cross from conventional areas (he is decent at a low ball across the box, but ask him to swing it in from deep and he's hopeless) and still can't really defend properly! The oddball.

As it seems to be based on whether he is allowed to play for us I would save the smug face just for now.

I'm not being smug, reading through, the vast majority of people on here don't believe he'd get near our starting 11, I'm sure those close to Abraham have a similar view. A loan move to sit on the bench won't be that appealing given his current strike rate for Villa. That was my initial point, which in your words, is bullshit.

He's mostly pretty good where we play him and a definite asset to us these days. He is however a RWB who can't cross from conventional areas (he is decent at a low ball across the box, but ask him to swing it in from deep and he's hopeless) and still can't really defend properly! The oddball.

It's only 'paper talk' anyway - he fits the system we have (though can still be upgraded on in that role)

He won't in anyone else's

Say Spurs do bid for him and the following happens

1. Silly amount for doc
2. Sign Jonny permanently
3. Sign this rogerio we've been linked with
4. Vinagre LWB & Jonny RWB with rogerio as back up

Would you do it?

Back