• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Villa Talk is hilarious. Apparently we're being disrespectful and classless for taking a young player from a local team. Villa would never dream of doing it themselves apparently.

Also a few suggesting that we're deliberately trying to weaken their promotion push so that we can keep them down because we're worried about them going up and 'knocking us off our perch'.

So delusional.

They did the same fucking thing with Lewis Grabban last season.

Yes

But Zinchenko had a choice between Premier League Champions and a newly promoted team

Tammy has the choice between mid-table Championship and a possible push for European football.

Eh? Players always have a choice in every transfer.

....he's scoring for fun, has a starting place and knows that if he joins us and doesn't come up with the goods he will have dented the reputation he's been building up. I'm not confident

That depends on his level of ambition.

I'm hopeful he chooses Villa.

If I was him I would stay at Villa and look at the options in the summer.

If the tables were flipped, I'd be saying he would be mad to leave a place he's banging in goals for a walk on part

Not necessarily a walk on part plus I'm sure TA is confident enough in his own abilities to think he can impress in he Premier League and by all accounts, he is desperate to play at this level. I was reading today that he prefers to play on the left rather than centre of the attack, with our IFs not exactly excelling, maybe this is where Nuno sees him either as part of a front 2 with Jimenez with a withdrawn player suchas MGW or as part of the front 3

Not necessarily a walk on part plus I'm sure TA is confident enough in his own abilities to think he can impress in he Premier League and by all accounts, he is desperate to play at this level. I was reading today that he prefers to play on the left rather than centre of the attack, with our IFs not exactly excelling, maybe this is where Nuno sees him either as part of a front 2 with Jimenez with a withdrawn player suchas MGW or as part of the front 3

Is exactly my thoughts too.

People whispering in his ear will be telling him Dendoncker can't get a game, Traore , our record signing sits on the bench, how did it go at Boro? How's it going here?

People whispering in his ear will be telling him he can increase his salary whilst knowing they'll make a few quid out of it as well. You are miles off on this one.

Would be astonished if the player didn't back his own ability and come to us. Will wear #20 and score the winning goal against Citeh

People whispering in his ear will be telling him Dendoncker can't get a game, Traore , our record signing sits on the bench, how did it go at Boro? How's it going here?

You may well be right. If his advisors are saying that then he needs new advisors. They should be backing his ability not doubting the manager before he's signed.

Saying that, I don't think I want him here.

He won't be ahead of Jota when he's back fit.

If he doesn't want to come then just deal with it in the next couple of days & move on.

Am fairly ambivalent as to whether he's the right one anyway, but we have enough whether we sign anyone or not

A striker is needed as if Raul gets injured we have no direct sensible replacement, but not going to just sign anyone - Abraham might be of use (or might not) & not going to be upset if he does sign & also not upset if he doesn't.

Villa Talk is hilarious. Apparently we're being disrespectful and classless for taking a young player from a local team. Villa would never dream of doing it themselves apparently.

Also a few suggesting that we're deliberately trying to weaken their promotion push so that we can keep them down because we're worried about them going up and 'knocking us off our perch'.

So delusional.

Slightly unfair, the person who said that has been rightly shouted down for it but loads of others.

Back