• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

The Costa of two years ago absolutely would be good enough for where we want to go - he went past players for fun, and his finishing was fantastic. I think his injury really did for him, as he’s not been the same player since.

Costa has not got the strength now and that I think has helped to shoot his confidence. He rarely goes past players now and either takes the safe option or us muscled off the ball. I love him but times move on.

At the start of the season Costa looked to have bulked up a fair bit but that is long gone. He is now so lightweight it is affecting his game as any sort of physical challenge seems to push him off the ball. I’d keep him until the summer but if he doesn’t improve I’d look to offload him then.

Costa hasn't looked the same since his injury.

I'd wager that something still isn't quite right

£120k/week :icon_lol: fuck that

Sooner or later we are going to pay a player that. And if Fosun are serious about the top 4 then we'll be paying a lot more as well. Maybe not to Tammy Abraham I grant you...

Yeah, I'd be quite happy if we signed a couple of players on £120k/week next summer, but I'd expect better pedigree for that sort of money

It is the sun though...

£120k/week :icon_lol: fuck that

This is a newspaper we're quoting from, not only that, its the SUN ( sorry for shouting). Haven't bought/read a daily newspaper for 30 years because of all their pilitical agendas, at best you get half truths , at worst bare faced lies.
If Nuno/Fosun want a player, I trust them to get that player for the right price. In the words of CJ 'they didn't get where they were today by spunking money'

I think from what people were claiming it would be his usual Chelsea wage and an additional from us. Hence why it's so appealing for him.

Nixon has clarified. His Chelsea wage is £42.5k. Villa are paying him £55k per week + a theoretical £500k promo bonus, which was the only way he'd drop to the Championship

So we would then propose to double that and pay him almost THREE TIMES his Chelsea salary? For a loan?

Bullshit would we.

It's Nixon so likely bollocks all round.

He's just not worth that kind of money on any level.

Back