• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Abraham not in the Villa squad at all today. Hogan up front with Kodjia on the bench.

Make of that what you will.

The other thing to consider is that Raúl didn't have a full break this summer as he was with the Mexico squad in Russia. He can't play the same amount of games, at the intensity he plays at, during the 2nd half of the season and expect to maintain his high standards. He will need to sit some games out and when you take him out of our front 3 we look a little toothless.

Abraham not in the Villa squad at all today. Hogan up front with Kodjia on the bench.

He's obviously on his way to us. Too many journos saying it's happening now.

No problem with that as a loan deal, as has been said already he's better then Bonatini so we're better off for the rest of the season with no massive outlay.

Nothing. He's not allowed to play in cup ties according to my Villa supporting friend.

Villa making announcement shortly apparently

Only thing they can really say is that Chelsea are recalling him.

Losing to Swansea and Tammy's being recalled I will need to stock up on some popcorn for Twitter later on.

Lol. Solanke out until February with a hammy now.

Losing to Swansea and Tammy's being recalled I will need to stock up on some popcorn for Twitter later on.

Watching the match... Swansea very easy on the eye, 2nd goal was fantastic.. Not sure why they aren't higher in the league.
Fans keep singing "where's ya Tammy gone?"

Watching the match... Swansea very easy on the eye, 2nd goal was fantastic.. Not sure why they aren't higher in the league.
Fans keep singing "where's ya Tammy gone?"
Oh god lol I bet that will rile them right up haha. I've got loads of Villa mates they aren't best pleased lol

Smith says post match that he doesn't expect him to go anywhere

No, but either a) he's Comical Ali b) being kept in the dark by Abraham and Chelsea or c) had had assurances he's staying. My pick would be b.

Abraham would be a good addition, strong, mobile and honest. I'd like to see a replacement for Costa. Jose Izquierdo or similar ideally.

I really doubt that Brighton would sell him. Something similar may be the way we need to go. Decent shout though.

I really doubt that Brighton would sell him. Something similar may be the way we need to go. Decent shout though.

Probably true re Brighton selling, although he was on the bench last time I saw them on TV. I defended Costa last season after he came back from injury and he did improve, but he seems to have gone backwards again this season. Just doesn't seem to get involved enough for me, although I don't see him in the flesh like a lot of you do.

The harsh reality is that Costa won't be good enough for where we are going. He was miles ahead of what we had in a shit team in the Champ but this is a different level now.

Will love him forever for many things Liverpool included but we will need better.

Jiminez and Jota are at the level we want to be and players coming in need to ideally be better than that.

Back