• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

He'd have been great for this time last year but given he is a modern day Darren Bent style player that needs to stand in the box and offers little to build up I can see there being any validity in the rumour.

I'd rather be bring Abraham off the bench than Bonatini.

It would be a yes from me

We never bring Bonatini off the bench now. Absolute waste of money.

Abraham is not a very good footballer at all. No ta.

If we were to target a forward from the championship (which I doubt) then Kemar Roofe is the one we should be going for.

Abraham isn't the type of striker we're interested in anymore. The central forward in our shape needs to do so much more than just finish. Abraham doesn't have the ability to play the way we'd want him to.

He’s bottom third PL at best. Palace Cardiff Burnley Huddersfield should be interested

If we were to target a forward from the championship (which I doubt) then Kemar Roofe is the one we should be going for.

Roofe's a cracking player. More of a false nine and could play in any of the 3 roles. I'd be all over that, sadly I think he's an Albion fan.

I would go for a player who performed well in the Championship last season before moving to a club who haven't a clue how to use him, Bobby Reid at Cardiff. Deal at less than 10 million.

Roofe's a cracking player. More of a false nine and could play in any of the 3 roles. I'd be all over that, sadly I think he's an Albion fan.
Agreed re the style and is being linked with lower PL sides than ourselves, but I don't see him leaving Leeds, he's doing well and I'd imagine playing for them this season with the size of club they are must be exciting.

As for Abraham, he's a flat track bully, needs too many chances.

“Jonny has played down his desire to stay at Wolves by insisting his intentions are to return to Athletico Madrid in the summer and nail down a first team spot there”

The Mail.

“Jonny has played down his desire to stay at Wolves by insisting his intentions are to return to Athletico Madrid in the summer and nail down a first team spot there”

The Mail.

Would you blame him?

If that has been said he's just covering his options if we don't follow up on him, doesn't want to say his hearts here and then gets sent back

He is simply not burning his bridges with his parent club.

To give you some idea of the current Daily Mail transfer hit rate, they say that the Shit have enquired about Wanyama. That's ridiculous.

Afobe was slobbering like a Pavlovian dog at staying and burnt all his bridges with Bournemouth in doing so...

Haven't read the interview but appears Jonny is being level headed.

Back