• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

There are two ways of looking at recruitment in January:

- We are 500/1 to be relegated as it stands (those boys at Ladbrokes don't often get it wrong), January is a pain of a window because teams are so much more reticent to let players go (limited time to replace them, got their own battles to fight), we may as well stay as we are more or less unless something falls into our lap, the strong likelihood is we'll have a good season anyway

- We're in a good position at the moment (even if people are getting a bit carried away with us being 7th), this is a great chance to kick on as players will want to come and join us right now, go and grab whatever we can and build on a position of strength

I don't see us flinging huge sums at it next month so I think we'll be more along the lines of Position A.

Also fuck off with puns, less funny than cracker jokes.

I would imagine that, with us being on the way up, that players would surely want a pizza the action - oh come on, Dan, it's Christmas...

I would imagine that, with us being on the way up, that players would surely want a pizza the action - oh come on, Dan, it's Christmas...

I think he's cheesed off. Shame, as I always thought the was one of the saucier posters on the Forum.

I think we might be able to get people if they are Jiminez type deals. Good players not getting a go at big clubs so they are willing to let them go for the cash, and not desperate to replace them as they aren’t first choice anyway.

Said this for a while now. Please buy Kieran Tierney. Celtic won't be bossed around but they're certainly not loaded either, it would almost certainly surpass our transfer record but would be 100% worth it.

I'm thinking Chelsea might be in for a striker so would Giroud be worth a loan deal?

Talk is that they're going to swap Morata for Higuain.

Giroud wouldn't come here, as good as he'd be for us, the sexy beast.

I'd love Giroud here. Not sure we'd get the same running out of him as we do Raul though...

Yeah was going to say Jimenez does a heck of a lot of running and Bonatini did too. Very easy to imagine Giroud in the middle of the 343 though

Yeah was going to say Jimenez does a heck of a lot of running and Bonatini did too. Very easy to imagine Giroud in the middle of the 343 though

Bonatini is the only striker I know slower than Giroud!

Edit - just to clarify Giroud would be immense. Great touch, great aerial ability, good brain.

I'd spaff myself if we landed Giroud.

Jota - Giroud - Jimenez

That would be decent. We'd need to play Vinagre though as his crossing is excellent at times.

It would also be pedestrian.

PUNTS WHYYY

I would love Giroud but no chance of that happening.

Bonatini is the only striker I know slower than Giroud!

Edit - just to clarify Giroud would be immense. Great touch, great aerial ability, good brain.

Yeah slow but did a lot of running for us :)

Apparently Adrien Silva is available from Leicester, would anyone be interested in signing him? We're well stocked in that area but there wouldn't be any problems with him settling in (He apparently shares a flat with Rui Patrício) and he's clearly a better player than he's shown for them.

Back