• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Well, at the moment Raul isn't playing as a true #9. And we've seen Cav and Adama play as "kinda sorta" strikers in the past.

Although getting in another proper center forward certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

There is no way that Palace would sell Wan-Bissaka to us. No way on earth.

Can't see why Palace wouldn't sell to us for the right money, we're not really rivals currently. Wether we'd offer enough or he'd be prepared to come is another matter.

Doc is proving himself to be one of the best wing-backs in the league. He isn't being replaced any time soon.

Well, at the moment Raul isn't playing as a true #9. And we've seen Cav and Adama play as "kinda sorta" strikers in the past.

Although getting in another proper center forward certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

That is true, right now we don't know how long this system with MGW as the false 9 and Jiminez as part of the forward line will remain. If we assume that there will be games where we play this system and others where we use our typical 3-4-3 from last year then we could do with backup for Raul either way though, even if the former gives us more flexibility is he was to be injured as we can play Jota and Cav in front of MGW instead. But Traore is not an acceptable option to play up front for me, I'd sell now and get an actual footballer in.

You’re looking at £50m and they won’t sell him in Jan.

50m for Zaha would be a bargain. but as others have said no way in hell they'd sell, or he'd come to us.

Easy to say we want to improve the first XI and not buy cover but that can be difficult sometimes. To get the sort of striker that would be an improvement on Raul for example will be very very expensive especially in January when a lot of clubs aren't going to be willing to sell us a quality striker.

In an ideal world Jiminez won't be injured but if he does we need someone who is capable to play in his place as Leo is not that man. Going to be difficult to improve on Raul at this time so I would like cover for him.

I agree with the January part and for that reason I wouldn't do anything given our luxurious points position.We have cover, it's Bonatini, no point in just signing someone else who could fill in for the sake of it.

I think Solanke on loan would be good for both parties. He's a younger version of Raul so would suit us well.

I agree with the January part and for that reason I wouldn't do anything given our luxurious points position.We have cover, it's Bonatini, no point in just signing someone else who could fill in for the sake of it.

For me Leo just isn't up to scratch, looks out of his depth at this level. If Raul were out for a significant length of time and Leo was our only option I'd be seriously worried. Agree that we shouldn't be signing someone for the sake of it, but if there is a striker out there who is looking for first-team football and could do a decent job in the role we need albeit not at Raul's level then a loan until the end of the season would be ideal.

Pepe is now a free agent, complete nutball but I could see us being in for him. January is going to be funnnnn!

Depending on where we are come January will decide whether we bring someone in.
If we're about where we are now, I don't think anyone will come in, and business will be done in the summer. Just my view of course.

I dunno. We are in a position where we can push on for a possibility of Europa League football next season which would be a phenomenal first season back.

I dunno. We are in a position where we can push on for a possibility of Europa League football next season which would be a phenomenal first season back.

Yes I can see that, and would be fantastic.

Pepe would want massive wages and we dont need him only the top 4 have conceded less than us. Plus hes a thug.

On a side note
We are currently 7th in the fairplay table despite committing more fouls than anyone except BHA (refs obviously love us):icon_smile:

And I would be £20 richer from DW! And you get a curry. Long way to go though !

Just a thought but is how we’ve deployed MGW in the last few games not exactly the kind of thing Leo would be good at? Pick up those positions off the front, get the ball from the midfield and let the inside forwards run off him.

Possibly, but MGW is a better passer, can beat players and is generally better all round for a midfield role. Plus he can drop deeper when we need him to.

Possibly, but MGW is a better passer, can beat players and is generally better all round for a midfield role. Plus he can drop deeper when we need him to.

tumblr_mnyyiffbua1qlt87mo2_r3_500.gif

I can think of few CBs I would want less than Pepe. Roger Johnson, perhaps, but it's close...

Back