• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Personally I'm happy with Jonny, Doc, Vinagre and Giles for our WB options, for this season at any rate
I've only seen Giles play twice and he looks very good going forwards. Absolutely not up to defending in premier League yet though.

Chelsea might be selling hudson-Odoi, would love us to get him. Ruben Dias from Benfica too, though he’s got an ankle injury at the moment.

Not a chance in hell that Palace would sell either Zaha or Wan-Bissaka to us.
And nor would he come. He'll go to whichever of the London big 3 want him or won't leave Palace. Could see him as a decent squad player for Spurs or an improvement on Iwobi for Arsenal

Also can we please ban the word cover? I don't want to see any cover, I want genuine competition or replacements. Bonatini is what you get when you sign cover.

*High-fives Tony Towner*

Buying "cover" is the sort of shit that Moxey would pull. If you want to go forward you IMPROVE the first eleven with your signings, and then the cover is there with the player replaced.

I've only seen Giles play twice and he looks very good going forwards. Absolutely not up to defending in premier League yet though.

I agree, he would be only in an emergency, think it would be difficult to find anyone good enough to come and be behind the other 3 in the pecking order, unless we get someone really top class to be first choice which I think would difficult at our stage of progress, especially in January

I agree, he would be only in an emergency, think it would be difficult to find anyone good enough to come and be behind the other 3 in the pecking order, unless we get someone really top class to be first choice which I think would difficult at our stage of progress, especially in January
Id go all out to sign an upgrade for Doc if it were me - needs to happen Jan or summer.

*High-fives Tony Towner*

Buying "cover" is the sort of shit that Moxey would pull. If you want to go forward you IMPROVE the first eleven with your signings, and then the cover is there with the player replaced.

I’d normally agree with that, but Vinagre is cover, but we can develop him to be first choice maybe next season - I’d love a right sided vinagre to cover Doc.

So I guess - I completely agree about buying cover, unless they are youngsters with potential to be excellent first choices.

I’d normally agree with that, but Vinagre is cover, but we can develop him to be first choice maybe next season - I’d love a right sided vinagre to cover Doc.

So I guess - I completely agree about buying cover, unless they are youngsters with potential to be excellent first choices.
Yes, long term Vinagre and Giles should be our left side options. If we did sign Jonny it should be for the right.

Are you alright mate ? You're typing like you've had a stroke ??
Just turned 40 and got a new phone, a bad combination at my time of life.

Still fully aware of how use the '?' though [emoji6]

Id go all out to sign an upgrade for Doc if it were me - needs to happen Jan or summer.

3 goals and 3 assists for Doc this season. Listening to Nuno after the Newcastle match, he obviously has a lot more faith in him than some of our fans.

Doc is in the same boat as Bennett for me. Deserves his place in the side. Of course, natural progression indicates he will eventually be replaced by someone better - but I think you’re being optimistic hoping this will happen in January.

If we stay English I'd go for Wan-Bissaka or Clyne (assuming L'pool would sell and yes I'm aware he started today).

There is no way that Palace would sell Wan-Bissaka to us. No way on earth.

Based on today Clyne is either very rusty or has lost his pace. Could be either, but he's going to get a few games so we'll soon see

Easy to say we want to improve the first XI and not buy cover but that can be difficult sometimes. To get the sort of striker that would be an improvement on Raul for example will be very very expensive especially in January when a lot of clubs aren't going to be willing to sell us a quality striker.

In an ideal world Jiminez won't be injured but if he does we need someone who is capable to play in his place as Leo is not that man. Going to be difficult to improve on Raul at this time so I would like cover for him.

Back