• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Didn’t you tell me to “just fuck off”, or words to that effect literally last weekend when this was exactly what I was doing?

You can’t have it both ways. It’s very hypocritical.

He was right though.

tenor.gif

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Saiss and thought he was brilliant last season. It's been a shame that he's just not had a chance to shine again in midfield this year so would have no issue with him stepping in. I just think if we can get Neves and Moutinho working again together in midfield then that's got to benefit the team overall.

Yeah, I'll just shut my mouth from now on when performances aren't good.

Just because a player is the new anointed one doesn't mean they should get a pass when they start playing poorly.

Frankly, the attitude toward them getting called out for it is a bit unacceptable. Being treated like a child really grates, surprisingly.

He suggested Nuno would be gone pre-Christmas after Cardiff then had a go at you for saying Nuno made it harder than need be at Newcastle... I've never had an axe to grind with Alan but theres been some epic lunges from negativity to positivity recently.

Didn’t you tell me to “just fuck off”, or words to that effect literally last weekend when this was exactly what I was doing?

You can’t have it both ways. It’s very hypocritical.
Matchday emotions and all that, but you're right, I shouldn't have gone off on you the way I did. I apologize.

He suggested Nuno would be gone pre-Christmas after Cardiff then had a go at you for saying Nuno made it harder than need be at Newcastle... I've never had an axe to grind with Alan but theres been some epic lunges from negativity to positivity recently.
I stand by that if we had continued in the same vein (thankfully, we didn't), that there was a very real possibility that Nuno could and would have been sacked.

Ok, well on the other side of the coin, we find it "unnecessary" when you slate the likes of Jota when you can't possibly have seen what he's put into a game and what his work does to us as a team.

Also when you flat out call performances "unacceptable" really grates.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Jota, hasn't the entire forum been in near unanimity that Jota's form has been off (minus the last 2 games)?

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Jota, hasn't the entire forum been in near unanimity that Jota's form has been off (minus the last 2 games)?
I've been on Jota's case for way longer than most on here. That's not a secret, really.

ah gotcha.

was gonna say though 3+ weeks ago he didn't seem to have a ton of admirers.

meh, I'll leave the arguing to you guys I guess. :icon_lol:

I stand by that if we had continued in the same vein (thankfully, we didn't), that there was a very real possibility that Nuno could and would have been sacked.

So if a manager continues to lose games, they invariably lose their job? Insightful.

ah gotcha.

was gonna say though 3+ weeks ago he didn't seem to have a ton of admirers.

meh, I'll leave the arguing to you guys I guess. :icon_lol:
What? But we're having so much fun with this little discussion!

Don't talk nonsense then.

Nor has Costa been as bad as you make out (nor was Jota before that).

He hasn't been good. 1 assist and 0 goals is not an unfair reflection of his overall contribution so far this season. He's had a couple of fairly decent performances but on the whole I don't think it's harsh to say he's been just about our poorest player this season.

Is it true that Pepe has rescinded his contract at Besiktas...

my bigger concern is why that question is being poised in this particular thread. :icon_lol:

Linked with us a lot over summer and already now:

f9c53bd495676bed32f2d362ba72d749.jpg

Urgh, looks like my hand/eye coordination is going.

Was no in the Summer and still is a no now. The back 3 are playing well, but you can upgrade anywhere and if we can we should, but not with a 35 year old and certainly not a 35 year old scrote.

Doubt they would've given Bennett a new deal if there was anything in it

Hope Pepe doesn't come anywhere near the Molineux. Of the same stripe as Sérgio Ramos. Everything that is wrong with modern football.

Linked with us a lot over summer and already now:

Right, but summer has gone, so again in the winter makes me question!

do not want that dickhead anywhere near our team. our defense is certainly not a weak point, we don't need ancient twats brought in for excessive pay for sure.

Back