• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Pepe to Fulham would seem more likely to me - but that's a huge guess on my part

Pepe is not going to Cardiff. Only remote possibility he goes to us is Mendes.

I’d say more than likely Cardiff Warnock loves shithouse thugish players

I can't see Cardiff paying Pepe's wages and I doubt he'd go there

Fulham have oodles of cash, a rubbish defence and need someone to come in organise them.

Pepe to Fulham would seem more likely to me - but that's a huge guess on my part

That’s what I was thinking this morning. It couldn’t be any more obvious if you think about it.

Fulham look like they are going to throw their money at Cahill in January.

Fulham can’t have loads of cash spare though surely - they spent £95m net this summer...

Fulham look like they are going to throw their money at Cahill in January.
There can't be many options about that could actually make their defence worse, but they appear to be going for it! He's absolutely done.

I'd be surprised if we were looking at Pepe, defence is one of our strongest areas

Front 3 is the area we could improve. Ryan Bennett May not be a name, but he’s been outstanding. Regardless of the up and down seasons or Joao and Ruben, how are you realistically going to improve here? We’ve got a Spain international at LWB and Doc would be top 3 for POTY if the vote was tomorrow. Think we’d struggle to get a better 9 In and Jota is looking more like the player we’d expect.

It’s the Costa, Cav, Traore that could be improved. I love Cav but Nuno has him right down the pecking order and Costa has been struggling. Get one or two top top players here and we will be a force In the race for 7th

Surely Pepe is too old for our recruitment model.
I don't like him at all although he has had a lot of success in his career.

Hence the link to Nakajima I guess.

I still think we might see if we can tempt Chelsea to do a deal for Victor Moses.

Front 3 is the area we could improve. Ryan Bennett May not be a name, but he’s been outstanding. Regardless of the up and down seasons or Joao and Ruben, how are you realistically going to improve here? We’ve got a Spain international at LWB and Doc would be top 3 for POTY if the vote was tomorrow. Think we’d struggle to get a better 9 In and Jota is looking more like the player we’d expect.

It’s the Costa, Cav, Traore that could be improved. I love Cav but Nuno has him right down the pecking order and Costa has been struggling. Get one or two top top players here and we will be a force In the race for 7th

Zaha

Not a chance in hell that Palace would sell either Zaha or Wan-Bissaka to us.

You’re looking at £50m and they won’t sell him in Jan.

Looking around at the clubs around us, I know we can’t actually sign these players but if we could sign someone as good as Anderson, Perreyra, Deulofeu, Richarlison then that would improve us. Just need to see what uncle Jorge and dig out for us.

Moses isn't very good, I'd rather stick with what we've got in that position.

I think he is pretty decent, and the talk is a fee of around £12m. It wouldn't be the worst bit of business.

Personally think we only need cover for Jiminez, Leo seems to be history and we don't really have anyone else in that mold. I understand what people are saying about our IF's but we should be able to get enough out of Traore, Jota, Costa, Cav and MGW to fill 2 matchday slots. Hopefully Jotas injury isn't too bad. As for Costa, he hasn't been brilliant but its only confidence imo and he'll come good soon. Cav is our best finisher by a mile and wish he got more game time, he had one terrible game and a few iffy moments but I think we need to make more of him

We definitely need RWB cover / upgrade. Only a couple of weeks ago we were considering having to play Bennett there.

We definitely need RWB cover / upgrade. Only a couple of weeks ago we were considering having to play Bennett there.

Personally I'm happy with Jonny, Doc, Vinagre and Giles for our WB options, for this season at any rate

Back