• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Sounds like it is scheduled for June / July 2019. That will probably slip a bit but I am excited about it. Witcher 3 is fabulous so I expect a seriously good gaming experience from Cyberpunk.

Loved Red Dead Undead Nighmare and would love to play Red Dead II but I'm not buying a console just for a game. Shame they won't port it to PC.

Sounds like it is scheduled for June / July 2019. That will probably slip a bit but I am excited about it. Witcher 3 is fabulous so I expect a seriously good gaming experience from Cyberpunk.

I think I played about ten minutes of it when I was pissed and it made me feel a bit sick I think and haven't touched it since.

The new F1 game is very, very good. A massive step up from 2017. The AI are a proper challenge, both in an attacking and defending sense. Hugely impressed.

The new F1 game is very, very good. A massive step up from 2017. The AI are a proper challenge, both in an attacking and defending sense. Hugely impressed.

Agreed, it’s very good and I love the career mode. I’ve gone full nerd playing with a wheel and trying to learn to play without any assists - it’s tough!

I keep wanting to get a wheel for playing Dirt Rally but I know that adjusting to proper manual transmission would absolutely ruin me.

Downloaded the new PES demo a couple of days ago and haven't stopped playing it, which is usually an indicator that I will enjoy a game - so popped on to Amazon and there it was in all it's glory for £35 - so I've ordered a copy (wouldn't have paid £55 to Game, the robbing bastards). First thing I will do when it arrives is copy the update file which adds all the proper licensing to the game (player names, badges, kits etc). I have to say, it's so much fun to play. Probably more fun than FIFA. I always grew up playing PES, but switched to FIFA years ago due to the licensing. Having an option to copy a file over to give all the players their proper names etc - especially with Wolves in the Prem, was enough to twist my arm and get it. Also £35 doesn't break the bank.

I will still get FIFA when it's out, but it'll be nice to have a couple of options. PES is so bloody smooth and it looks fantastic, though!

I'll have to try the demo. Not played it in about 15 years. Already pre ordered FIFA, muggins.

I'll have to try the demo. Not played it in about 15 years. Already pre ordered FIFA, muggins.

Get both like me :)

I'd go as far to say the Pro Evo gameplay is better than FIFA (but obviously I'm yet to play FIFA19).

Get both like me :)

I'd go as far to say the Pro Evo gameplay is better than FIFA (but obviously I'm yet to play FIFA19).

How do you find the time to play with a small 'un?

How do you find the time to play with a small 'un?

She’s in bed by 8pm most nights so my gaming usually happens after that. The Mrs works two long days a week and most other nights she’s asleep on the sofa by 9.30pm so I have plenty of opportunity to load up!

The new Spiderman game is awesome, so much fun to play and great looking.

The downsides are most of the side quests are a bit "collect all of the xx" which is pretty dead in open world games. The music is a bit dull too.

However, web slinging through NYC is as cool as it should be, combat is good and Spidey's humour has been nailed.

Bought FIFA18 for £11 off Origin, it's the first time I've played FIFA since either '08 and I had forgotten how monumentally shit I am at this game.

Anyone seen the Molineux screenshots from FIFA 19?

It looks absolutely incredible!

Didn’t have the Toaster Wolves signs which I thought was disappointing.

Just finished the main plot for Spiderman. Great game, I've had a lot of fun playing it. I still think the side quests are a little meh but I've loved playing it!

Played a couple of hours of Spider-Man today and it’s awesome! I’ve mainly just been swinging around and looking at the city and it’s just so much fun and so satisfying.

Played a couple of hours of Spider-Man today and it�s awesome! I�ve mainly just been swinging around and looking at the city and it�s just so much fun and so satisfying.

I played through the entire plot using fast travel once, when the game told me I had too...! Swinging around is so fluid and fun.

It's good to play as an older Spider-Man, which leads to the game being able to deal with more mature themes as the game progresses.

Playstation classic launches in december with 20 games built in roughly the same time at the rumoured N64 mini. The console war of my childhood is back!

Playstation classic launches in december with 20 games built in roughly the same time at the rumoured N64 mini. The console war of my childhood is back!

£90. I got my sister a PS1 with about 20 games for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it cost me about a tenner on eBay. I know this is a "miniature" version of the original system with built in games, but I think £90 is steep.

Also, when you past the nostalgia of playing some of the games you grew up with, the sad reality is they're actually pretty shite. I got my sister Cool Boarders and Micro Machines - two games we played loads as kids. But when we popped them in and loaded them up, they were both absolutely dreadful :icon_lol:

Back