• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Super Nintendo
Playstation
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64 <- favourite system ever.
Gameboy pocket
PS2
Ps3
Xbox 360
Gameboy sp
Nintendo DS
PSP
Dreamcast
Playstation Vita
Wii
Wii U

NES
Game Boy
SNES
N64
PS
PS2

Been a PC gamer since.

NES
Game Boy
PC (I was addicted to Age of Empires back then, and still am tbh)
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Sega Dreamcast
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo Gamecube
Game Boy Advance SP
Xbox
Xbox 360

Now PC is my preferred and only source of gaming.

Got my PC this morning but have been ill all week so will probably get it all set up this weekend after I've shaken it off properly.

So today on Steam you can buy Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind for about £15.

That is at least 5000 hours of gaming for the price of a good curry and a side dish.

Where in the world can you get better entertainment value?

I paid £2 for Morrowind and I'm still playing it 10 years on. With the overhaul, it looks as good as Skyrim!

http://www.sodahead.com/entertainme...d-was-it-better-than-skyrim/question-2321243/

I've started playing Two Worlds Two, and yes, it is a little clunky, but so far it's just what I like in an RPG.

Sometimes the unexpected games are the most entertaining. (If you own a PC and have not played Gothic 2 (Gold Edition) Night Of The Raven then shame on you. Go to GOG.com now!)

Just read the reviews on GOG if you doubt me. $9.99...about £6 - what a bargain!

Dark Souls may be the most infuriating game I've ever played, and it is absolutely brilliant.

Just traded my Xbox 360, Wii U and a Dsi and some Ds games. Got £475 for it all.

Bought myself a PSVita and per-ordered some PS3 games and still got £200 for my PS4.

I've bought it in the Steam Sale - not started it yet. Let me know how you progress.....

Prepare for a lot of confusion if you aren't going to use the internet to help guide you. The game is wide open and lets you go anywhere. Think Metroid Prime, but without the weapon doors to block you from going places too dangerous. Basically, the only way to know you're going in the wrong direction is by how quickly something kills you.

Installed FRAPS and I'm only getting 24 fps on Crysis 2. That's with the game set at lowest settings and my GFX card set to defaults.

Do you have to do stuff with your card to get it to run games at higher fps? I'm new to dedicated cards so don't really know what's what.

Crysis games are killer on cards; just because you're running something dedicated doesn't mean it's powerful enough to run stuff like that. What card?

Having said that, if you've got an nVidia card I know they have presets for bazillions of games in their control panel to optimize gameplay.

GeForce 650Ti Boost 2GB.

Turns out Vsync was limiting it to 24fps for some reason. Runs fine on Extreme settings (in game) at between 50-70 fps now. Bit of tearing though but nowt I can't put up with.

GeForce 650Ti Boost 2GB.

Turns out Vsync was limiting it to 24fps for some reason. Runs fine on Extreme settings (in game) at between 50-70 fps now. Bit of tearing though but nowt I can't put up with.

What monitor are you using? AFAIK Vsync sets the fps to what your monitor can handle.

It's an LCD TV hooked up via HDMI. 60Hz refresh rate.

Vsync usually locks at 60fps.

Mind you, my TV was one of those that showed native 24fps @ 1080p for a better film picture so that may have something to do with it.

So today on Steam you can buy Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind for about £15.

That is at least 5000 hours of gaming for the price of a good curry and a side dish.

Where in the world can you get better entertainment value?

I paid £2 for Morrowind and I'm still playing it 10 years on. With the overhaul, it looks as good as Skyrim!

http://www.sodahead.com/entertainme...d-was-it-better-than-skyrim/question-2321243/

BTW - Elder Scrolls online looks fucking amazing already. You can play in Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind but in a new game set 1200 years earlier. Can't wait for that.

Just played the multiplayer beta for Arkham Origins, by god it's awful. Splash Damage have ruined it, Batman should never have had multiplayer put into it, but it is, and it's wank.

Just played the multiplayer beta for Arkham Origins, by god it's awful. Splash Damage have ruined it, Batman should never have had multiplayer put into it, but it is, and it's wank.

I'll stick to the campaign then. Shame, but I'm not surprised.

I'll stick to the campaign then. Shame, but I'm not surprised.

It's for the best. I'm disappointed too, enjoyed the thought of hunting Joker and Bane's men whilst gliding around as Batman/Robin, but it's just too clunky, it's like one of those games you see in Game that don't sell even though they're like £2.

GTA 5 multiplayer revealed on Thursday. I hope they do the online racing again because it took the best part of 6 months off my life in GTA 4. Plus I hope some of the old lads who played with me last game come back...

Back