• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Dunno if anyone wants it, but I've got a Dead Space steam key if they do.

langers, that deal looks pretty dam good. Have not used them before? I wonder if I can finish assassins Creed in time!

langers, that deal looks pretty dam good. Have not used them before? I wonder if I can finish assassins Creed in time!

Never used them before, no.

In other gaming news - Crackdown is incredibly dated and a bit shit, so although it's free, I think I'll delete it to make room for Dead Rising 2 when that's the next free game (out tomorrow I think). Oh the joys of only having the 20GB HDD!

GTA Online looks fookin mint. You can have standard races and this is the killer for me 'Build your own race tracks and race on other users custom race tracks' Im going to veg out for months and months now..

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Click Purchase and thank me later :)

As if this deal wasn't already amazing, the bonus games are rumoured to be Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising and Bulletstorm.

For those new to Humble, as long as you buy the bundle in week 1, no matter what you pay, you get the bonuses once the countdown timer hits 7 days 0 hours.

I felt ashamed putting in only $1 so gave them $5 and got the extra games as well. Just over £3 for 12 games!!! Madness. EA don't get a penny either, it all goes to charity!

GTA Online looks fookin mint. You can have standard races and this is the killer for me 'Build your own race tracks and race on other users custom race tracks' Im going to veg out for months and months now..

Shame it's limited to 16 players but it's still going to be mega fun.

FINALLY started playing Dishonoured last night and it's beautifully presented. Enough of a twist on the Elder Scrolls series to avoid any repetition and an engaging story. Still very early on but it looks very impressive indeed. Bethesda are ace, aren't they?

I played Tekken 6 around a mate's house last night having never played the series before - what have I been doing with my life?!

You've never played Tekken? Isn't that the gaming equivalent of saying you've never seen Star Wars?

Dead Rising 2 is on offer from today I think - the wife is out tonight so I think I'll have a gaming sesh.

FINALLY started playing Dishonoured last night and it's beautifully presented. Enough of a twist on the Elder Scrolls series to avoid any repetition and an engaging story. Still very early on but it looks very impressive indeed. Bethesda are ace, aren't they?

yep. i started it a few months ago but got side tracked and stopped. it does look great. will try to get back on it. i was still trying to get out the jail i think so, not really started. i am an elder scrolls geek though.

I was pretty appalled at myself. It's decent, though I enjoyed Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360 too.

Think I may be joining you on the Dead Rising 2 front. I love the free game a month idea, still playing Assassin's Creed 2 from last month.

yep. i started it a few months ago but got side tracked and stopped. it does look great. will try to get back on it. i was still trying to get out the jail i think so, not really started. i am an elder scrolls geek though.

Bethesda really do like starting their games in dark, enclosed spaces don't they? The start of Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dishonoured are all pretty much identical in that respect!

I was pretty appalled at myself. It's decent, though I enjoyed Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360 too.

Think I may be joining you on the Dead Rising 2 front. I love the free game a month idea, still playing Assassin's Creed 2 from last month.

AC2 is awesome. I preferred AC Brotherhood though as I'm a real geek for Roman stuff. Don't bother with Crackdown though as it's a bit shit.

I loved Crackdown when it first came out! The online play was great. I had my save on my old Xbox 360 console though, and I can't be bothered with starting all over again...

I think it's just aged very badly TBH. There are so many sandbox games out there now which are so much better. RDR being my favourite (I'd say Skyrim is a different category of game personally).

One game I've always wanted to play is Borderlands - my better half raves about it - is it worth the purchase?

One game I've always wanted to play is Borderlands - my better half raves about it - is it worth the purchase?

I've never played it myself - I've heard it's better with co-op though? Might be worth a try as I bet it's cheap now.

Back