• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

Guiu, I look just like Buddy Holly

MV5BNGY3NWE1MjYtOGM3ZS00ZGZjLWJhMGYtMDc2NzMxZjk3NzM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAyNzI2OTY@._V1_.jpg

Vlachodimos, around 15m for Forest. 🤔

Premier League teams have been warned about this sort of shit days ago. I hope they get punished severely.

Vlachodimos, around 15m for Forest. 🤔

Premier League teams have been warned about this sort of shit days ago. I hope they get punished severely.
Yeah the rules are shite, but that doesn't meant teams should be doing these deals that purposely circumvent them in this manner and I think they are going to have to do something about it, otherwise the teams not doing it are going to be disadvantaged and the whole window is going to become the wild west. Forest piss me off as they were one of the teams whining to all and sundry about investigations into Wolves when we went up from the Championship and now they do some of the dodgiest things in the league.

The PL definitely want to put a stop to it but I’m not sure what they can do to police it really. A player is worth what another team is willing to pay so you can’t prove collusion between clubs even though we can all see it.

£40m for Archie Gray.

Means Neto is worth at least £70m then.

£40m for Archie Gray.

Means Neto is worth at least £70m then.
I mean apart from this not being remotely how it works, them being completely different players who play in completely different positions and there being absolutely no way anyone is bidding £70m for Neto...

Do you think we can ask £50m for Sa because that's what Man Utd paid for Onana and he's a similar kind of fuckwit who can be amazing and appalling in the same game?

I think if Arsenal offered us £40m or so for Neto (about the best we will do I think) and we replied "Archie Gray cost that so we want £30m more on top" they'd just be very confused and assume they'd phoned the wrong number.

I think if Arsenal offered us £40m or so for Neto (about the best we will do I think) and we replied "Archie Gray cost that so we want £30m more on top" they'd just be very confused and assume they'd phoned the wrong number.
Or say "ohhhh is that Jeff...is Mr Hobbs in the room with you"

I'd still be telling them to fuck off. He's worth more than that to us and it's Arsenal who paid over £100m for Declan Rice. Neto is contracted to us until 2027, we hold the cards for now. We don't need to sell him and unless we are offered a stupid deal, then we should hold firm. I appreciate his injury record devalues him at this moment in time, let's see how he goes next season.

Back