• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

I remember when we sold Afobe to Bournemouth, such a kick in the bollocks in terms of our status in football's pecking order. Leeds selling a Gray to Brentford, irrespective of the money, must be up there for them.

I remember when we sold Afobe to Bournemouth, such a kick in the bollocks in terms of our status in football's pecking order. Leeds selling a Gray to Brentford, irrespective of the money, must be up there for them.
Who did we miss out on Mickey Heathcoat to ? Recall Sam Ricketts choosing someone shite instead of us a good few years before he came. Accepted that your example is the other way but still a kick in the bollocks.

Elliott Anderson to Forest it sounds like - will keep Newcastle just above water on PSR I think

Good signing for them.

Edit £35m, so something else dodgy will go down

Last edited:
Athletic reporting it’s been rejected and he’s in talks with spurs

Played a very key role in the Leicester team so supposedly the new manager wanted him but they surely have better players already capable of that in their massive squad already. Weird club.

It’s a bit of a farce but I don’t really mind it as the rules are pretty stupid. Obviously Chelsea and Forest I have little sympathy for but it does seem backwards for teams like Villa to get into the CL and then the league want them to sell their best players because of PSR. Can’t blame them for finding loopholes really.

Surely to fuck if they can 'investigate' any commercial deal that's £1m+ to establish it's fair market rate and not a piss take, then there's a way they can look at this merry-go-round under the existing framework of rules. Agree with the wider point on Villa; I've said before that if an owner wants to invest money then that should be allowed, but having people just blatantly rip the piss is just embarrassing for the rule makers, and presumably infuriating for those that choose to play within the spirit of the PSR

I note that Newcastle were getting fairly desperate in their quest to meet the rules and offered Anthony Gordon to Liverpool, with Qansah going the other way, no doubt both with nonsense fees. As Liverpool are not pressed to comply with the rules they unsurprisingly told Newcastle to get fucked.

Newcastle have settled with Utd for Ashworth. I presume the timing is no coincidence

Back