• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2024/25 - Everything Not Wolves

it's easy. You ban amortisation in a swap deal. Kills it instantly.
Would ensuring that the players value is the same on the outgoing clubs books as it will be on the incoming clubs books stop it?

They can then amortise that value over the duration of the contract.

I guess though the selling club could create an unrealistic value on their books, but that would at least need to pass an external audit of the clubs accounts.

They aren't technically swap deals though. They're just two transfers that happen around the same time.
We were doing low level stuff on a similar basis nearly 15 years ago. When we signed Steven Fletcher in 2010, Chris Iwelumo went to Burnley. But it wasn't £5.5m + Iwelumo, it was £6.5m for Fletcher and £1m to us for Big Chris (thanks, as he'd long since been a busted flush).

And we've pulled some chicanery with Man City in getting Tommy Doyle for miles below what his market value is.

Do you think we had our fingers burned with Collins in that particular market?

I'd hope not. Plenty of good players that are home grown and reasonably priced. Morgan Whittaker for one but no-one seems to have gone for him yet.

That's a lot for an 18 year old.

(said Jeff Shi..... not)

He's not played a game for Newcastle

Was very good for Feyenoord on loan
Just realised that scanning through I read that headline completely the wrong way and took it as though Newcastle were signing one of those random players that Brighton pick up from nowhere and farm out on loan for a while before they hit the team.

Think it makes even less sense to me now it's Brighton paying that much for a Newcastle non-entity.

Sounds like even with that £33M Newcastle are still in danger of a points deduction.

He's very good. Will go on to play for England assuming he doesn't go Scottish. A lot of money though, but I think it'll end up being well spent as he'll go to a big club for more in 2 years
Eddie Gray says he's set on playing for England - despite his best efforts to convert him.

Back