• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Neymar is going to want £500k a week minimum, and CR7 will demand equality.

I don't think he really needs that sort of event to angle for a pay rise, his brand is powerful enough in those sort of negotiations.

But he is getting on a bit at the absolutely top level. Nice little bonus possibly. Or alternatively he does leave and replaces Neymar at PSG on insane money. I don't think he can lose.

It's a difficult scenario with Ronaldo really isn't it. He's still recognised as one of the best players in the world and has still scored 50 goals this season which is astounding but it's clear to see he isn't the player that he was and so anyone that does sign him will have to find a way of getting him in the side while not making the rest of the side disjointed. He was pretty poor last night but Real have the players to make up for that and i'm not sure any other side that would want him does. He's been at the top for a long time and his pace isn't there anymore but he can still finish. Anyone linking him with us is crazy but if you think about it even if we could do it would you want him purely on football grounds because i wouldn't.

Good signing that. Should put any lingering Neves rumours to bed too.

That's a brilliant signing for them. Who's the third to go with him and Keita, though?

Good signing that. Should put any lingering Neves rumours to bed too.

Not really similar players from what I know, are they?

That's a brilliant signing for them. Who's the third to go with him and Keita, though?

One of Henderson, the Ox and Wijnadum I guess. Sign a centre back and keeper and they have one hell of a starting eleven.

Neves not similar to Fabinho in playing style but similar position.

Different style of player for sure, but they're not going to paying big money for another central midfielder when they'd dropped £100m on Keita and Fabinho.

They're being very strongly linked with Fekir which would signal a move to 4-2-3-1.

One of Henderson, the Ox and Wijnadum I guess. Sign a centre back and keeper and they have one hell of a starting eleven.

Neves not similar to Fabinho in playing style but similar position.

Wijnaldum probably the odd man out, then.

I'd have him here, theoretically, but only as one of the inside forwards. This nonsense with him as a #6 is craziness.

Wijnaldum is a proper heart of a pea footballer. You also may as well never bother picking him away from home.

Never been impressed with him for any team.

Looks better in CM for Liverpool than as an attacker at Newcastle.

Diogo Dalot on his way to Yernited from Porto.

Diogo Dalot on his way to Yernited from Porto.
That's a proper odd one, especially for Jose. He's a talent, but hasn't been first choice and at €20m that's a fair whack.

They desperately need full backs. Valencia and Young are fucking shit. I don't know much about this lad.

Alex Sandro is the rumour on the other side.

If they're spending £15m then they may as well have gone for Cancelo and spent a bit extra.

In an interview with Slovak radio station, Newcastle's goalkeeper Martin Dúbravka said his future "should be decided during this week" and it is "complicated" as it is not sure if Benítez stays at Newcastle. Dúbravka was on loan in Newcastle this spring, they can apply clause for permanent deal now transfer window is open.

In other news, Martin Odegaard admits to unclear future, and is open to joining another club on loan next season.
Wouldn't mind a season of Martin in a Wolves shirt.

Ödegaard has got the potential to be a proper worldy but he needs to up his output. 2 goals and 2 assists in the Eredivisie this season isn't exactly brilliant, albeit Heerenveen did only finish eighth scoring 48 goals. I'd love him at Wolves if we owned him as I'd love to see him grow here but I doubt he'd be good enough this coming season just yet so I wouldn't go for a loan personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back