• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basel haven't won the Swiss league this year. First time since 2009 so they're obviously in a bit of flux.

I'd back them to beat any MLS team with ease.

I like to think you've been waiting since 2009 to use that.

In the MLS a lot of the players are great athletes (as they have normally failed at the more popular sports) so this improves the spectacle somewhat but there skills are still terrible.

Have to say whenever I randomly decide to watch an MLS game (not often), one of the only things I can say about it is it's/they're quite physical (opposite of Dutch football which is stop/start and players always on the floor)... Think you might be right. I wouldn't say that MLS is as bad as some of the comparisons DW has made BUT I don't watch enough/any of it to say. I probably think MLS is better than it is...

The standard of defending is truly dreadful. It really is laughable. There's a reason Bradley Wright-phillips gets goals every season there

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I watched loads of MLS when I was working in Lisbon and it isnt terrible, its a mixed bag but watchable at times. Most teams have pace and know how to get passes into channels to be whipped into the box. The problem is that a lot of crosses never find a man or if they do, they get spooned over the bar from 6 yards.

I don't think I have the energy to get into the nuts and bolts of MLS right now.

The A-League is dreadful. I'm not convinced MLS is that much better.

Every MLS game I've ever watched has looked scripted. Badly. It's like watching two 7-year-olds playing FIFA.

Look on the bright side - the A-League makes it look like Serie A.
Given that MLS is still so young and is actually not under any threat of folding (like its predecessors did), I'm relatively happy with the standard. Add the fact that it's becoming the preferred destination of young South American starlets like Miguel Almiron and Hector Villalba, and I'm outright excited for how good it can get.

As the Prem transfer window is open so early this year, is there actually anything to prevent Liverpool getting new reinforcements in for the Champions League final?

As the Prem transfer window is open so early this year, is there actually anything to prevent Liverpool getting new reinforcements in for the Champions League final?
Have to stick by the squad they submitted, I would think.

Yes. The fact you need to register your 25 for the Champs League in January (or whenever), and they can't be cup tied. I think 21 and under year olds still don't count towards the 25 so you might have a chance that way, but I doubt the rules have that loophole.

Leeds United cool on out-of-contract Hull City striker Abel Hernandez as his agent was asking for 75k per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back