• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
ckoIlUQ.gif

:icon_lol:

Ndombele is very quick and has a really good touch for an ostensibly holding midfielder. Draws comparisons to Kante but is 5 inches taller. Might be out of our reach already.

Aouar is almost certainly bound for a UCL side if he leaves Lyon. Silky as fuck on the ball, has that sixth sense about what he wants to do before he receives the ball. Is more attack minded than Ndombele and likely wouldn't work in our 3-4-3. Definitely has the talent to be a great, though. Still only 19, too.

Roma have a deal with Anderson Talisca.

According to the ' Corrière della Sera ', the Brazilian midfielder will move for a 21 million fee.

Besiktas had first option on the buy out clause of 21million.

Jese Rodriguez granted "unpaid compassionate leave" (whatever that is) by Stoke.

Some signing that turned out to be.

Think you should do your research on this one Alan.

It's the part about compassionate leave being unpaid that doesn't quite mesh with me.

Probably a relative that isn't really close but they've agreed to let him have it if he takes it unpaid.

It's his son, I think.

It is his Son. He was born premature and recently had a 2nd operation. He also split up with his partner. So has asked Stoke to end his loan deal to allow him to be in Spain with his Son. As he is on loan and Stoke pay all his wages he told them not to pay him to enable him to do this, rather than go on leave and still get paid when he isn't even at the club.

Stoke couldn't really deny his request and he could have easily taken his wages, so fair play to him for showing that it isnt always about the ££

Ah, hadn't seen that he requested it be unpaid. Fair enough, then.

Filed under "slightly surprising"...

Andres Iniesta will sign for Vissel Kobe in the J-League.

Sky reckon Rooney to DC United is a done deal. Final PL game this weekend.

Sky reckon Rooney to DC United is a done deal. Final PL game this weekend.

MLS will continue and forever (it seems) to be a retirement league. Shame because there is some really good football played in the system.

Is there?

It's League One quality on the ball and Isthmian League quality at the back. Still.

There's the odd star like David Villa who has no business at all being there but you'd struggle to make a case for it being better than second or even third tier European leagues. It's better than the SPL or the Scandinavian leagues I suppose, probably not better than the Turkish or Greek leagues.

There was an article on the BBC last week asking if Bradley Wright-Phillips was MLS' best ever player, the prosecution fucking rests.

There was an article on the BBC last week asking if Bradley Wright-Phillips was MLS' best ever player, the prosecution fucking rests.

I also read that, the mind boggled.

I'd have posted it on here, but couldn't be bothered with the inevitable argument with Alan :)

Is there?

It's League One quality on the ball and Isthmian League quality at the back. Still.

There's the odd star like David Villa who has no business at all being there but you'd struggle to make a case for it being better than second or even third tier European leagues. It's better than the SPL or the Scandinavian leagues I suppose, probably not better than the Turkish or Greek leagues.

I hear by retract my statement...

In the MLS a lot of the players are great athletes (as they have normally failed at the more popular sports) so this improves the spectacle somewhat but there skills are still terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back