• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could actually be a really good move for him long term if he's got the right attitude towards it, I wouldn't expect him to play much to begin with as he doesn't really fit as he is but Conte's teams always look really well drilled so if he's willing to learn he could really start to put some of his talent to proper use with the right focus. If he's gone there looking for that sort of education/challenge rather than the big club reputation or pay packet than fair play to him, there were probably a hell of a lot of clubs a bit further down the food chain that would've offered him the easy street he had under Martinez where he could've flitted in and out of games doing whatever the fuck he wanted.

Cenk Tosun to finalise his move to Everton this afternoon according to SSN.

Cardiff inexplicably linked with Chris Doidge.

Coutinho to Barcelona done, according to media here.

Means Neves is easily worth £50m+

Is it? Coutinho is an absolutely class player, and Neymar's deal has pushed the market up. Barcelona will LOVE being above Real in the most expensive player stakes.

£106 million up front apparently, the rest add-ons. Seems reasonable enough in the current market and he's versatile enough to be a replacement for both Neymar and Iniesta once he retires.

Is it? Coutinho is an absolutely class player, and Neymar's deal has pushed the market up. Barcelona will LOVE being above Real in the most expensive player stakes.
He's basically the only player in the world right now you could reasonably expect to play the same role as Neymar, IMO. I think that has driven up his price as much as anything. Makes him a very valuable asset to Barcelona as a tailor-made Neymar replacement and I'm sure Liverpool leveraged that.

Liverpool in talks with Alisson apparently? That would be a good signing, much needed upgrade at GK. If they can add a holding midfielder (Weigl?) to Keita who is already coming in they are going to have a very good side, with some good young british players involved too.

O Jogo:
Besiktas wants 5M from Benfica if they wish to end Talisca loan in current transfer window. The Turkish club paid 2M last year and 2M this year to keep Talisca on loan.
Clubs in UK and China interested in player.

Seems odd he plays behind the striker, played 20 games with 6 goals, 4 in CL, yet he has zero assists.

According to who scored he's got 3 assists in 24 games with 7 goals. Think his lack of assists may be more to do with the way that Besiktas play in that they like to get it wide. He then gets in the box on the end of them with whoever is upfront which i should imagine will be Negredo now.

IIRC the system Besiktas uses has Talisca lining up like a #10 but playing more like a secondary striker. He's more about creating for himself than others.

Not that I think it matters as I doubt we're in for him. He doesn't really fit our formation.

Looks like Keita coming to Liverpool this month.

Dribbling and Passing of a God on Fifa, past that I've no idea how good this guy is!

Very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back