• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
FA Cup Final. Holding alongside Per and Monreal and they won 2-1 against the runaway champions...

wow, one game

wait, i will check EEL

Only Top 6 defence that Kosc gets in other than Arsenals is Liverpools.

Decent defender but not at the level of Vertonghen, Toby, Bailly, Kompany

Only Top 6 defence that Kosc gets in other than Arsenals is Liverpools.

Decent defender but not at the level of Vertonghen, Toby, Bailly, Kompany
You must be kidding me trips..wc def

I don't think there's a great deal between Koscielny and Bailly as this point personally, both capable of being absolutely formidable but both prone to going a bit mental and letting their side down too. Obviously Bailly has a lot of time on his side to iron those errors out of his game, like Koscielny did when he first came to Arsenal but instead he settled on being a sort of high class version of Stearman who was no more reliable at 30 than he was in his early 20s.

I always liked Koscielny but he's one of those players that probably never made the most of what he had and there have always been people in his position that you'd pick above him.

Like Holding

Koscielny would have been in my top bracket going back to the end of the Rio/Vidic/Terry era. He's been pretty injury prone since.

Injuries = less quality?

For me he is one of the best central defenders in the prem, so all of them for me

Let's get it right, you think he is the third best centre half to play anywhere in the world since 1986.

Franco Baresi
Georgio Chiellini
Laurent Koscielny
Carles Puyol
John Terry
Nemanja Vidic

Such an odd player to wildly overrate by such an insane factor :icon_lol:

I dont..i mean now, not in the past

They were your votes in a thread entitled "TWF World XI, 1986-present". I am sorry if I misinterpreted you putting Koscielny in 3rd place of your list of centre halves as you thinking he is the third best centre half to play anywhere in that timeframe, being as you clearly understood the construct with Baresi being your number one. Though you have to admit it's an easy mistake to make.

Let's get it right, you think he is the third best centre half to play anywhere in the world since 1986.

Such an odd player to wildly overrate by such an insane factor :icon_lol:
Guess doherty is the worst you have seen in your lifetime

Fine if im the only one that rate him..find that strange

I'm with everyone else as well Fred, i think Kosc is an average Premier League centre back. He's capable of having a worldy but he has far too many games where he's at fault for stupid goals, he's just typical Arsenal. He wouldn't get near Toby or Jan at Spurs.

Also think you're being incredibly harsh on Holding Fred, he's barely played 50 career league games(most of them would be at Bolton in league 1) and he's being asked to play on the right of a back 3 with no protection from his RWB and a central midfield in front of him which quite frankly is laughable. When Arsenal had a bit about them in the last few games last season e.g FA Cup final Holding was probably their best centre back and had to be because Kosc decided to get sent off with a ridiculous challenge in one game.

I wont answer back, you are right

#CardiffCity turn down an enquiry from Everton for star striker Kenneth Zohore, who has a £30m price tag
£30m!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back