• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with that assessment of Dicko. He scored nine goals after Afobe's arrival and was superb against Derby, Leeds and Millwall, all in a front two.

I'm not saying he's not effective in a front 2. Just that at Lg1 he was frighteningly good with Jacobs in behind him and I don't think he was very effective with Edwards (not a 10) in behind him.

Yeah just that he's possibly better on his own than with a partner. Same as Johnny said.

Firmino confirmed as having signed for Liverpool, though the fee is said to be about £29m.

Good signing but hardly in a priority area for them. Their defence is fucking shit.*

*Firmino not demba ba at the shit

I thought Firmino was a striker? More of a line leader who can drop deep a bit like Rooney in his prime. I would have thought that's a good signing for the victims.

My favourite tweet on this subject:

@tomvictor
Firmino, with your name like Andy Townsend responding to Clive Tyldesley's question about a contentious penalty

Thought he was attacking midfield who could play ten? Either way he isn't a defender and the entire back line needs an overhaul.

I'm not sure the defence is that bad, more the person in charge of it.

I'm not sure the defence is that bad, more the person in charge of it.

A bit 50:50 on that for me. I think Rodgers has criminally mis-used Emre Can in a ridiculous position, but what other personnel have they got that should be in there.

I agree with that, definitely not a top 4 defence and they do need reinforcements. Playing players in their right positions would be a start. I think a defence of

Flanagan - Skrytl - Lovren - Moreno

Should be good enough to start with though. And to think they farmed Kelly out on loan and he's probably as good as Lovren or Flanagan.

They sold Kelly for about £3m, good player but for whatever reason Liverpool could never keep him fit. Seems to have been much better in that respect since he went to Palace.

Flanagan probably won't play until January. I have no idea what Rodgers has done with Lovren, a Roger Johnson style downturn, he doesn't look anything like the same player that he was at Southampton. The thing is they've spent over £50m on centre halves since Rodgers arrived and Skrtel is still the best one they have, and he isn't exactly top drawer himself.

Ultimately they now have three number tens - plus Sterling who arguably plays his best football there, but he probably will be gone before the season starts - which seems like overkill. Firmino can play up front but he's certainly not someone you'd put up there on his own, more of a Dennis Bergkamp (not as good obviously) than a Diego Costa.

While I don't think the likes of Sakho and Skrtel are as good as most Pudlians would have you believe, I do think they would improve immensely if Rodgers would just buy an actual fucking defensive midfielder.

Losing out on the likes of Kondogbia was a real travesty on his part. That Liverpool are rarely if ever even rumored to be moving for anything like a holding midfielder tells you everything about Brenty's mindset.

Roma officially declare interest in Bacca.

And Sergio Ramos has apparently handed in a transfer request at Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back