• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading 'The nowhere men' by Michael Calvin (fantastic book by the way) and one part of the book they are at a game where Liverpool were keeping tabs on him. At Gillingham he was attracting interest of a lot of clubs, but every single time I've seen him I've literally never seen any sign of ability in any department! Just shows how badly scouts can get it wrong

And yet he is still better than Brad Jones

Olofinjana was rated highly by multiple scouts.

Wolves scouts rated Anthony Gerrard better than Scott Dann too. Amazing how some people see one thing and others don't.

Tbf I have been surprised by how well Dann has done at Palace. He was a liability at Blackburn.

Olofinjana was rated highly by multiple scouts.

:icon_lol: True.

And yes Johnny, it is funny when two different people watch the same incident/game and see completely different things. I guess it is what makes it all so interesting.

Liverpool are set to sign Brazilian playmaker Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim for about £20m.

Good player. But yet again, they aren't addressing the areas they desperately need to strengthen in.

Its probably the only position they're well stocked in! Bizarre even if he's a big talent.

Don't they already have one Brazillian playmaker?

Liverpool have held talks with South American forwards Carlos Bacca and Salomon Rondon, according to Sky Sports.

Bacca would be a great signing. Surely can't be true...

From sky sports 'paper talk' section

'New Derby boss Paul Clement is hoping to sign Burnley defender Jason Shackell for £2m

Derby County are set to complete a club-record deal for the Hull City winger Thomas Ince for what could be £4.5m after instalments.'

Have they got so much cash they don't care who they blow it on?

With Martin, Ince and Weimann they should have the best front three in the division.

I wouldn't swap any of them for Afobe and I'd rather have Dicko than Weimann and Ince (just so his cockpuppet of a father isn't around our club again).

I rate Weimann, especially in this division, and Ince is a good player even if he is a cock.

Both if them are better than we have in Sako's position currently.

Not at all convinced on Weimann. He's been very poor for the past two seasons.

Ince would be the only one of those three I'd take as first choice. Afobe and Dicko are going to be shit hot this season.

I'm unsure on Dicko when he has to play alongside Afobe. He seems marginalised somehow and not as effective as when he was on his own up front.

I'm unsure on Dicko when he has to play alongside Afobe. He seems marginalised somehow and not as effective as when he was on his own up front.

I'd agree with that, he doesn't look as effective and I think both play better with a proper 10 in behind them. Having said that, they are an absolute handful even when playing together.

I think Wiemann as part of a front 3 is pretty good and if Clement plays the same style as he did in Madrid then Wiemann could be very useful along with Russell and Ince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back