• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said its all relative.

Would you call Lee Camp poor? Jon Bond? Guzan? Ruddy? Adrian?

Butland is nothing special, in fact he's average in my eyes, but he will be good enough for a lower-half prem side, esp as back-up, as I'd be surprised if Begovic is not replaced if he leaves.

I'd have him as back-up to Ikeme at Wolves, wouldn't you?

Not really, I'd trust him less than I do Kuszczak.

Ruddy and Adrian are decent, Guzan is very good but had some bad form last season, Bond and Camp are dire.

Meanwhile some Chinese team have paid actual money for Paulinho. £10m. The mind boggles, have they never watched him play?

Amazingly Spurs are £7m plus wages down on that. What a truly appalling piece of business it was.

Cech to Arsenal confirmed. Someone's going to have to do some serious business to beat that as signing of the summer.

I'm not sure. He's been a top class keeper and is still obviously very good but i'm not sure he's that much better than Ospina or even if he is anymore.

Its all relative really.

Butland can't be that bad as he is a Premiership and International player at 22 yrs of age. There may be room for improvement, but to call him poor is a bit OTT.

Butland is quite poor. One of those that is where he is based on reputation from what someone has seen when he was very young. He needs to improve considerably to be a Premier League keeper but he still has time to do so.

Utd have bid nearly £29m for Ramos. That's a lot of money for a 29 year old play boy

Not when your current choices are Evans, Jones and Smalling!

Ah. Can't say I know a damn thing about Beasant tho.

Petr Cech is a similar level better than Ospina than Matt Murray was better than Dave Beasant.

He was much better, i'm not sure he is now. Ospina definitely underrated because of his size and the fact that before the World Cup he wasn't known by most people.

Ah. Can't say I know a damn thing about Beasant tho.

Wimbledon keeper during the Crazy Gang era of the late 1980s, he was about 7 foot tall with a bad Kevin Keegan perm and somehow secured transfers to play for Newcastle and Chelsea and also us on loan and occasionally England, he is notably remembered for injuring himself one close season when he opened his kitchen cupboard and a jar of salad cream rolled out, our hero used his foot to trap and control said jar which subsequently cracked and severed the arteries in his foot leading to a spell out injured and entry in to footballs top 10 of silly injuries!

Cech is still considerably better than Ospina. Ospina is okay, but has weak wrists and struggles with crosses

I don't think Ospina is that bad from crosses, his height means he get's caught out now and again but not something that sticks out massively and same with weak wrists, i'm not sure he has. He has an awkward diving style definitely but his general shot stopping his very good. Like i say imo underrated and Cech not as good as he was, Petr may still be better but not by as much that has been suggested.

I rate cech a bit higher than ospina..ospina has his reach against him...good keeper on close shots though

Sent from my Lenovo A3500-FL using Tapatalk

Brentford have had a bid accepted for FC Twente defender Andreas Bjelland. One letter off being my favourite surname in football.

Gevinho's move to Qatar falls through as they wouldn't offer him the helicopter and private beach he had requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back