• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maldini was even better as a left back

Yes I prefer to think of Maldini as a left back too though he was magnificent in either role so Cannavaro/Nesta

As an aside, Real Madrid have sold 345,000 James Rodriguez shirts in 2 days earning a whopping E10m

Chambers going to Arsenal for 16m.

It's beyond a joke for Southampton now, by the time Schneiderlin leaves they will have made well over 100m and they have got good fees for the players but it doesn't scream ambition to any potential signings does it? One of the best things about them was that a number of the players had been together a while and they were excellent as a team.

Even with their excellent academy and all that money it's going to be a hard job rebuilding that in the space of a few weeks.

Osvaldo rumoured to Inter Milan also..will they have any players left? Looks like they will struggle this season..

New manager who has never managed in England + blank canvas = potential disaster.

I cannot understand why Southampton are selling all their best players. Is there something going on there that they have not told us?

New manager who has never managed in England + blank canvas = potential disaster.

He wont find many answers in the Eredivisie the standards just not good enough. One of the few Stefan de Vrij going to Lazio it seems for 8 million euros.

Arsenal don't even need Chambers.

Istanbully

Arsenal making great signings this year and think they'll win the prem. On a lighter note Everton are hijacking the albions bid to sign Christian gamboa... Hope it comes off, gamboa is some player and will improve them no end.

I cannot understand why Southampton are selling all their best players. Is there something going on there that they have not told us?

The problem of having a very good batch of players and bigger clubs wanting them. As you know, the player holds the cards these days. Shaw wanted to join Man Utd, Lovren publicly expressed his desire to join Liverpool, Lambert could not say no to his club etc. All Southampton can do is get the highest £££ and they have done well on that front.

Obviously the downside is they have a bit of a rebuild to do but its that or have a team that is generally unhappy and an unhappy team = big problems

It's pretty unprecedented - I can't think of any other team (other than those under extreme financial pressure) who've been ripped apart overnight like this. West Ham lost Rio, J Cole, Lampard, Carrick, Defoe etc but that was over the course of years.

Selling them for the best possible price is about as well as they can do but given Koeman's record outside of Holland and the big lug of a striker he's signed, it doesn't really look too bright at the moment.

Best British centre back pairing has to be Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen.

Best British centre back pairing has to be Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen.

I think those pair and Baresi/ Maldini/ Costacurtta is the best in my lifetime. That AC Milan team is one of the best I've ever seen.

Best 5 Wolves centre backs?

Lescott
Richards
Craddock
Pollet
Stearman

That I've seen obviously.

In other news Orient have signed Jobi McAnuff and have Darius Henderson and Jay Simpson lined up next. What the actual fuck?

Best 5 Wolves centre backs?

Lescott
Richards
Craddock
Pollet
Stearman

That I've seen obviously.

In other news Orient have signed Jobi McAnuff and have Darius Henderson and Jay Simpson lined up next. What the actual $#@!?
I'd have Curle ahead of Craddock and Stearman

I was never a massive fan of Curle. He always used to drop a clanger when I went. Stearman on the other hand tends to play out of his skin whenever I watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back