• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curle was bloody brilliant for us. Miles better than Richards let alone Craddock and Stearman.

My top five:

Lescott
Curle
Pollet
Venus
Shirtliff

Found that quite hard, Lescott is the obvious one for me and then Craddock I guess. But after that not much, Stearman, Breen, Butler??!

Who was the one we had on loan from Man City under Hoddle? I remember thinking he was quite good but I only saw him once or twice I think!

Worst five...

Johnson
Gorkks
D.Ward
Mouyokolo
Bjorklund

I'm sure I've forgotten some, many will have Mancienne! Some who didn't like him might have Neill Collins but I never felt he was as bad as made out.

Just once I think.

Mancienne was pips but he wouldn't make the Hall of Shame.

Stancliffe
Madden
Blades
Thetis
Coleman

Shudder.

We had Bischoff on loan twice - DJ signed him the first time. Scored just after he got sacked when we beat Forest.

Unfair on Moyo to include him on such a list. Injuries aren't the same as being shit, IMHO.

The time I remember him playing (Bolton and Blackburn in successive games) we conceded three both times and he was awful in both.

Curle was bloody brilliant for us. Miles better than Richards let alone Craddock and Stearman.

My top five:

Lescott
Curle
Pollet
Venus
Shirtliff
Venus is a left back, surely?

No Shane Westley DW? :icon_wink:

Found that quite hard, Lescott is the obvious one for me and then Craddock I guess. But after that not much, Stearman, Breen, Butler??!

Who was the one we had on loan from Man City under Hoddle? I remember thinking he was quite good but I only saw him once or twice I think!

Worst five...

Johnson
Gorkks
D.Ward
Mouyokolo
Bjorklund

I'm sure I've forgotten some, many will have Mancienne! Some who didn't like him might have Neill Collins but I never felt he was as bad as made out.
Not a CB, but Luhzny was surely one of our most pants defensive signings?

I only saw him play once that I can remember, we lost to Charlton away 2-0. He did OK.

Venus for Sedgley has to go down as one of the worst transfers in our history.

Lovren done and dusted at Liverpool, dunno how much they've ended up paying though.

Munro and McAlle wasn't the worst ever defendive pairing.

Freudian slip Frank? Doubt either of them knew what that meant.

Agree on Munro (who was the best CB I have seen play for us) - never fully convinced on Mcalle who I think looked better than he was for playing alongside Frank M.

Sorry PLF. Sending from my phone usually results in errors bring made. I agree with you about McAlle, but he was steady enough, though prone to silly mistakes, but as a central defensive partnership he and Frank were good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back