• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big risk from Spurs if they do sign J-Rod anyway. I don't think clubs should be spending serious money on badly injured players without seeing how they recover. See us signing Hunt based purely on reputation. £3m and £35k a week for three years on a broken footballer with nothing left to give but effort.

Ramirez is a quality player if you can get the best out of him to be fair, Koeman might really rate him. It's a decent team and they also have Harrison Reed who is very highly rated amongst other young players

He did it before when League 1 Southampton offered him more money than Palace.

A fair point, though the Football League is the Football League. We know only too well that the Championship isn't really that much more prestigious than League One. Dropping from the PL, can't see it.

Re: Ramirez. He has very rarely been played in his proper position since he got here, often shunted out wide or just plain didn't fit when Southampton were playing more or less 4-4-2, had injuries too. You have to make allowances for his physical limitations but as YW says he is a very good technical footballer. This season might be the making of him.

Top bait

Just off to catch a Great White with half a piece of Kingsmill on my line.

The list of options started with the most optimistic label and quickly descended to realism.

Brighton have signed David Stockdale.

Jo Inge Berget going from Cardiff to Celtic (loan with option to buy).He'll do alright in the SPL nothing more.

Maguire has joined Hull City in a deal costing an initial £2m, but could rise to £4m.

£4m is a hell of a lot for a League 1 defender. Well played Sheffield, well played.

I suspect Maguire will be bench fodder for a season and then be out on loan to the Championship

I'd fancy him to be in ahead of Bruce whenever the go 3 at the back, might struggle to displace Chester for the place alongside Davies when they go for a back 4 though.

I'd fancy him to be in ahead of Bruce whenever the go 3 at the back, might struggle to displace Chester for the place alongside Davies when they go for a back 4 though.
Hull City in talks with Brede Hangeland today.

Majewski on a season long loan to Huddersfield.

Still not seen confirmation of this one anywhere as yet.

Btt5GL-IYAAt1nR.jpg:large

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-07-29/hull-confirm-maguire-and-robertson-deals/

Ashkan Dejagah has joined Qatari club Al-Arabi from Fulham on a permanent contract for an undisclosed fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back