• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SchneiderlinMo4: 6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

So that'll be him off to Spurs.

I mean what the fuck is Liebherr doing to that club?!

@SchneiderlinMo4: 6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

So that'll be him off to Spurs.

I mean what the fuck is Liebherr doing to that club?!
Selling off all the assets, pocketing the cash and putting the club up for sale.

To be fair, Southampton aren't the first people to come back after a Summer break and find their valuables taken by someone from Liverpool........

Frank told a funny....that was funny! :)

If I'm reading into this correctly, Liebherr ran Nicola Cortese off after he single-handedly transformed that club from an administration-soaked League One mess to a top half Prem club with more to come.
Since he handed in his resignation, they kind of auto-piloted to 8th place and have decided to sell all of their assets. What a bitch.

That's a version of events that's extremely charitable to Signor Cortese.

What I want to know - did we have a sell on clause :piano:
:icon_lol:

Strange comparison Alan, Arshavin was nearly 28 when Arsenal signed him. He came with decent Champions League pedigree too.

Origi looks pretty rubbish to me and has not much of a record to back him up. Strange signing, that's around £25m now that Liverpool have spent on Ilori, Alberto and Origi over the last 12 months and none of them are signings for now. Silly money to be throwing around on speculative punts.
Rodgers own targets/buys really haven't worked at liverpool overall. He's made some of the ones already there look better, but he's also thrown a LOT of money away in 2 years.

Southampton in free fall
.Koeman better react quickly or take the freekicks himself

Player power innit.

Seeing the team stripped of its best players suddenly makes a poor atmosphere at a club.

Romelu Lukaku about to sign a 5 year-deal at Everton. Chelsea could regret that within a couple of seasons.

Not sure he is really that good. Not for a club with annual ambitions of winning everything. He's a reliable enough Premier League goalscorer but I think what he is now is about as far as he'll go. Better than Torres of course but that's not really the issue.

Mourinho doesn't often get it wrong and he evidently doesn't fancy him. 18 months ago people were calling him crazy for leaving Casillas out the team.

Doesn't seem that many top drawer Champions league options around, Lukaku just could develop into a very good option even for the clubs looking for the top trophies. Its a good call if Mourinho has called this one bang on.

Lukaku has plenty of potential though, and he's still very young. First of all his dreadful first touch needs too improve though, that's for sure. ( my current pet hate is players having a poor first touch mind). Very good finisher though and more intelligent than given credit for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back