• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
------------------------------Fabianski------------------------------

Rangel----------Chico----------------Williams-------------Taylor

------------------Britton---------------de Guzman-----------------

Dyer-----------------------Sigurdsson---------------------Montero

-------------------------------Bony-----------------------------------

Isn't a terrible first eleven. They will be better than Villa, Burnley, QPR, Albion IMO.

Behind Shoala Ameobi in the national team pecking order, strong.

Thoughts on West Brom's new striker?

Are you Alan Irvine? He's never seen him play!

I think they have over payed but if he scores 10-15 goals he will justify his fee. I think he is a twat though because he has asked Albion fans to call him Bobby.

Istanbully

Think `bobby` brown will be hit for them lot. He`s like lightening, great in the air, 2 footed and averages 1 in 2 just about everywhere he goes. The national manager was slated for leaving him out of the world cup squad, he did it apparently as `bobby` had to pull out of some friendlies with injury and he didnt beleive him.
They`ve just signed Christian Gamboa, the fast marauding right wing back/ right midfielder who played in all of costa ricas world cup games for £2-£3m.
I laughed when I read Irvine had taken videos home to study the team, thats exactly what Solbakken said. Only difference is Irvine has revamped the whole defence with some great additions plus kept the decent ones in Olsonn, Macauley and Foster, whilst that baffoon solbakken left the worst defence in prem history untouched.

Irvine hasn't really signed anyone. The players are signed and he has to coach them.

Was our defence the worst in Prem League history or are you trying to justify a point by being over the top? It was a woeful defence, but the worst?

Olsson and McAuley were both key members of their defence last year when they conceded 59 goals...why will they have improved now, despite being a year older? McAuley will be 35 in December.

FWIW we only conceded 56 in 2009/10 with a first choice of Zubar-Craddock-Berra-Ward, which puts into context just how leaky Albion were last season.

Indeed. I fear for Swansea this season.

Yes Bye Bye Swansea Burnley and WBA for me this year with Monk or Irvine the first managers sacked. They look a bit lost, Burnley lack quality and West Brom are in awful trouble. The only saving grace for any of them would be Villa but they may be ok post Xmas when they sack Lambert. I cant see Swansea or Baggies lasting that long as they will both have shocking early season form.

Now given my abysmal prediction record, Villa will finish top six, WBA will win the Carling cup and Swansea will reach the FA cup final and mid table security. Dyche will keep burnley up and win manager of the season then my lack of ability to predict anything will be right up there with Michael Fish, if it isnt close already

Olsson and McAuley were both key members of their defence last year when they conceded 59 goals...why will they have improved now, despite being a year older? McAuley will be 35 in December.

FWIW we only conceded 56 in 2009/10 with a first choice of Zubar-Craddock-Berra-Ward, which puts into context just how leaky Albion were last season.
Season ticket holders I know from the hawthorns insist that these 2 are the mainstays of their defence.
I'd agree that the rest of the defence was very poor. Plus, I disagree with them hugely on Foster, who wouldn't have gone to a world cup had Hodgson not liked him a lot.

Interestingly, the ST holders I speak with feel their defence is the strongest area of their team!

Elba Rashani is offski from Odd to Danish Brøndby.Getting pretty disheartening really,he's been good Scandinavian quality for 4 months and off he goes.
Norwegian clubs simply don't even have the money to keep what they have anymore.

Lucas Piazon,Chelsea,going on loan to Frankfurt for a season.

Chelsea could probably field a pretty decent eleven with players they constantly loan out.

Fabianski is starting for Swans? What's happened to Vorm?

Lucas Piazon,Chelsea,going on loan to Frankfurt for a season.

Chelsea could probably field a pretty decent eleven with players they constantly loan out.
Never mind a team, I recall posting a link to the 24 players they had out on loan last season, which would've been a sufficient SQUAD for most PL clubs.

Got to be horrendously disheartening for their youth players.

Looks like Mangala to City is done.

Think they have to lose a foreign player now due to the quotas UEFA imposed on them when they failed FFP. Nastasic or Javi Garcia the most likely candidates.

Also Hull have had a bid accepted for Andrew Robertson of Dundee Utd, I don't know too much about him (other than he is almost certainly better than Figueroa).

I've seen him two or three times and he looks fairly solid, and looks to get forward a lot. Must have done pretty well as he was at Queen of South just over a year ago I think and is now in the Scotland squad and potentially the Premier League!

Fulham sign Thomas Eisfeld and Adil Chihi on permanent deals.

Lovren having a medical at Liverpool. £20,000,000 the reported fee. Ridiculous price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back