• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham could be anything if they click or could just as easily fall apart,

I have serious doubts about them. As a club it is a long time since they were at this level, it will be a bit of a culture shock. Also their support is going to drop off a cliff while away fans will still pack out their end because it is probably the best away day in the country, so home games might actually be a disadvantage. Magath is a weirdo who alienates people, I'm biased because I really don't like the guy but I don't think he'll fare to well in the Championship.

Can't see Forest competing with Pearce in charge, the guy is a muppet.

Think he will be ok at this level and he has a reasonable squad that underperformed thanks to one Billy Davies last year. They may be up for it this year especially with Derby doing well. Ipswich only because MM has a track record of being there or there abouts with his teams and they are about due a challenge, Blackburn for similar reasons, Norwich because they were the best of the three to come down and look more secure than the other 2, Reading as I can see them either winning lots or losing lots so that means draws out of the question giving them plenty of points and us because I am fookin biased !

Derby and Wigan for me. Norwich have Adams who is unproven and had a disaster at the higher level. Pearce is an awful manager and was found out at City and his one dimensional England tactics. He'll quickly be found out and binned off as the oil barons who own them will give him short shrift. Blackburn and Ipswich I agree with you but Reading I can't see as they're in all sorts of financial trouble and in a state of flux.

It'll be difficult to choose but Middlesboro may be up there if Karanka can get them working and I wouldn't write off Brighton if they get a striker in as Hyppia has a decent pedigree as a manager. There will always be a few surprises and Cardiff and Fulham could be wildly successful or fall off the edge like we did. I think this is a really good chance for us to finish in the top 6 this year and for Jackett to prove his mettle.

Boro will have a good chance if they can get a striker in. They've been linked with Jelle Vossen from Genk. Watford are assembling a quality squad again, if they manage to keep Troy Deeney they'll have an incredible strike force for this level.

Reading will be mid table fodder this season. They wont sign anyone until the takeover is complete and that doesn't look like happening any time soon.

I've no idea how Norwich, Cardiff or Fulham will do tbh. It's all up in the air with those three. There will definitely be an early sacking from one or two of those teams though.

£7m for Ulloa :icon_lol:

He's never looked anything special to me. I think you may end up be better off selling your strikers in this division if they have a decent season. 16 league goals is nothing special. What would SEB be worth now? £10m or so going by the current rate.

£7m for Ulloa :icon_lol:

He's never looked anything special to me. I think you may end up be better off selling your strikers in this division if they have a decent season. 16 league goals is nothing special. What would SEB be worth now? £10m or so going by the current rate.

Yes, You can imagine Dicko scoring 15 plus next season then silly bids in for the lad.

I've read recently that Real Madrid have spent more on Ronaldo, Bale, and Rodriguez than Ajax have spent in their entire history (on transfers).

Yup, seen that too. Extraordinary.

Bojan signing for Stoke, interesting to see how he fits in.

Yeah, interesting one that. Comes with a big reputation but has he actually done a lot in the last couple of years? From Barca to Stoke...

Some pretty anonymous spells at Roma, Milan and Ajax since breaking through at Barca with some promise, will be interesting to see if there's any chance of that potential coming back to the fore or if he's just another 'next big thing' that never gets anywhere, still plenty of time for a decent career at 23.

Scored over 400 goals at La Masia but just struggled to translate that into goals at a senior level.

Not having any impact playing for Ajax in the eredivisie doesn't bode well...

I'm intrigued to see what he's about and what he has to offer.

Saying he was anonymous at Roma is very, very harsh.

Just 7 goals in 33 appearances and then got peddled off to Milan rather than sticking around any longer, hardly a ringing endorsement.

His overall play was quite good and he left more because Enrique was sacked (unfairly) than anything.

Surely Spurs have given Swansea cash on top of Gylfi? Its an absolute mugging otherwise. Davies is very good.

'Arry wants that cheap on wages striker Samuel Eto'o

Indeed. I fear for Swansea this season.

Monk doesn't convince me at all.

Disappointed Sigurdsson has ended up there, i was eyeing him up for the dreamteam if he'd been headed to Palace as was first rumoured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back