• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. Think someone like Martinez would get the best out of him, personally think they lack in wide areas (but then I don't really rate McGeady/Osman in those positions)

Not a chance. Think someone like Martinez would get the best out of him, personally think they lack in wide areas (but then I don't really rate McGeady/Osman in those positions)

Pienaar and Naismith are first choice though. They have Atsu too although he has been cack so far.

Would he improve them, yes, but they have more pressing issues. Goalkeeper for one as Howard has been at fault for so many goals this season and Joel is worse than Brad Jones.

I was joking about Wing Back, I think he could do well in the role Samuel Eto'o has played this season, just off the front.

Eto'o has actually looked pretty decent for Everton recently. I prefer Barkley there at the minute, I think in one of their wide positions (Martinez likes his wingers to come off the line anyway) he'd do well and would be given the confidence to be creative.

Long term I think he wants Barkley where he played on Monday. Needs to improve the defensive side of his game but Nev and Carragher were comparing the way he ran with the ball to Gazza and it's a fair shout. You'd rather have a player like that driving forward from deep, not sure he's 'technical' (for want of a better word) enough to play as a #10.

I think McCarthy and Barkley (once he gets his decision making better in that position) is a really good partnership for Everton in years to come. Both should be playing in the Champions League in my opinion. Barkley is the player I enjoy watching most, I've only seen clips of Gazza really so never got to see him so it's quite exciting when people compare him to Barkley, playing style wise anyway not off the field activities...

Gazza was incredible. In terms of pure talent easily the best English player I've ever seen or am likely to see.

Has Naismith played wide at all this season? He's always been through the middle when I've see them, either off Lukaku or as the main man with Lukaku pushed slightly right.

They're so much better when Mirallas is fit. I'm not a big fan of McGeady but he's a good player on his day. Pienaar looks finished.

Agree on Barkley moving deeper in time, but for now I'd imagine he's going to stay in that advanced role.

I can't see Shaqiri moving there anyway to be honest.

Forgot about Mirallas! Dumb ass. Think Naismith has played a couple wide, he was there all last season whenever he played.

Shame we probably didn't get to see that as much as we should have then. The goal he scores against Scotland is fantastic, and was it him with the pass for Bully's goal for England (against Scotland?).

What impresses me most with Barkley s his two footed-ness, comfortable spraying the ball across the pitch and striking it powerfully with both feet. I do find it a bit strange how Hodgson seems desperate to down play him all the time and plays him very sparingly.

Barkley for me is like Gazza with blinkers when he does see the space he surges towards it and through it, but i feel he struggles to see all the opportunities then presenting themselves to others as Gazza did.

Naismith does play wide sometimes but has been a lot more effective behind Lukaku, did really well there while Barkley was out injured. Mirallas is really talented but it's frustrating how often he gets injured.

Would Shaqiri even go to an Everton? Think he sees himself as worthy of a big big club.

I'd guess Juventus if I had to hazard it.

Roma? Schalke?

I would normally say Dortmund but fuck knows what is going on there this season!!!

I wouldn't put it beyond Rodgers to move hell and earth to get him in as a marquee signing at Anfield while neglecting all their other issues and at the same time over-populating an area of the team where they are reasonably okay.

Shame we probably didn't get to see that as much as we should have then. The goal he scores against Scotland is fantastic, and was it him with the pass for Bully's goal for England (against Scotland?).

What impresses me most with Barkley s his two footed-ness, comfortable spraying the ball across the pitch and striking it powerfully with both feet. I do find it a bit strange how Hodgson seems desperate to down play him all the time and plays him very sparingly.
It was. Seem to recall him setting up another of Bullys England goals too.

It was. Seem to recall him setting up another of Bullys England goals too.

Gazza set up both of Bullys goals vs Czechoslovakia in the 4-2(?) win..... The first a high ball that Bully chested down and then volleyed home, the other a cross that Bully headed home

Surely he could still make his family rich beyond their wildest dreams without having to go to one of the very top clubs? Somewhere like Ajax with a great history of bringing through young players would still pay pretty handsomely wouldn't they?

His family doesn't really need money,but anyone who is successful wants more.His dad owns 18 clothing stores and is also assistant manager at newly promoted Mjøndalen and agent for his son.Busy man. :)

This weekend they're in Spain visiting Barcelona again,and Bayern are rumoured to have offered him a contract,1m euros a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back