• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood on less wages? You sure about that?

Graham is on a lot of money at Sunderland, they bought him for 5 million. Wood has just come up from the Champipnship.

Wow! Highly rated, but that is a lot!

Birmingham City today reached agreement to sign Michael Morrison on a permanent transfer, which seems a good deal for all sides. This is probably the way this system is supposed to work.

Liverpool being strongly linked with Guillermo Ochoa. He seems to have hardly played at all since joining Malaga - they're still playing (should have been) Ex-Wolf Carlos Kameni every week.

Liverpool being strongly linked with Guillermo Ochoa. He seems to have hardly played at all since joining Malaga - they're still playing (should have been) Ex-Wolf Carlos Kameni every week.

Relatively tiny,won't come for crosses.Thought they had that covered.

Would be in line with other disasters indeed.

He's a pretty good keeper - size might be an issue in the Premier League I suppose. Better than what they have at the moment. Does seem odd that Malaga beat off a load of competition to sign him after the World Cup and then haven't used him.

We almost signed Kameni?

We almost signed Kameni?

Not almost, we did sign him. Summer 2003. The bastard FA wouldn't give him a work permit. They gave one to Tim Howard the same summer though despite him having just as little international experience.

He's a pretty good keeper - size might be an issue in the Premier League I suppose. Better than what they have at the moment. Does seem odd that Malaga beat off a load of competition to sign him after the World Cup and then haven't used him.

Probably better agreed,but they have much bigger problems to solve...

I thought the Ochoa praise in the World Cup was massively overblown, he seemed to get of headline for just throwing himself around in the 6 yard box amidst big scrambles, the sort of save where you just make yourself as big as possible and hope for the best, still important saves but a hell of a lot more luck involved than say flinging himself at the top corner full stretch to tip one over the bar.

Don't see him being a massive improvement on what they have.

Not almost, we did sign him. Summer 2003. The bastard FA wouldn't give him a work permit. They gave one to Tim Howard the same summer though despite him having just as little international experience.

Still angry about that. Murray was broken after the first game at Blackburn and we then had Oakes (who was dreadful for a while). Oakes improved over those first few months and then we got Paul Jones back. Arrggghhhh.

I thought the Ochoa praise in the World Cup was massively overblown, he seemed to get of headline for just throwing himself around in the 6 yard box amidst big scrambles, the sort of save where you just make yourself as big as possible and hope for the best, still important saves but a hell of a lot more luck involved than say flinging himself at the top corner full stretch to tip one over the bar.

Don't see him being a massive improvement on what they have.

I suppose the issue is that Rodgers has clearly lost faith in Mignolet. There have got to be severe implications on his confidence now too after being dropped like he was. So they need someone better than Brad Jones and quickly. He is a massive improvement on Brad Jones (mind you, so is Kuszczak and they could have him for free in January as it stands).

Still angry about that. Murray was broken after the first game at Blackburn and we then had Oakes (who was dreadful for a while). Oakes improved over those first few months and then we got Paul Jones back. Arrggghhhh.

Dodged a bullet with missing out to Pompey for Pavel Srnicek (there were a couple of those, Emerson to Rangers, Dino Baggio to Blackburn, Luciano Figueroa to Blues, thank fuck they turned us down). Awful desperate floundering in the market by DJ once Plan A didn't come off.

For quite a few games we had to have 17 year old Ikeme on the bench because they wouldn't even let us sign a keeper on loan. Eventually we got Andy Marshall.

Dodged a bullet with missing out to Pompey for Pavel Srnicek (there were a couple of those, Emerson to Rangers, Dino Baggio to Blackburn, Luciano Figueroa to Blues, thank fuck they turned us down).

For quite a few games we had to have 17 year old Ikeme on the bench because they wouldn't even let us sign a keeper on loan. Eventually we got Andy Marshall.

Only played for Wolves once in the 5-0 against Arsenal? Including Fabregas' first ever goal for them, setting himself as their youngest ever goalscorer i think.

Only played for Wolves once in the 5-0 against Arsenal? Including Fabregas' first ever goal for them, setting himself as their youngest ever goalscorer i think.

Yep, his only game. 5-1 though, Alex Rae scored an absolute belter. I went to that one, good times. Saw the teamsheets with us playing a lot of first teamers, them with a load of kids I'd never heard of and fancied our chances...

Joey Gudjonsson at right back was a sight to behold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back