• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich Town have confirmed the signing of Leeds striker Noel Hunt on an emergency loan deal until January.

Rotherham United have confirmed Scott Wooton has moved on loan from Leeds. Is he any good?

News that Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini would like to sign Robin Van Persie in January. If you were chairman at Inter would you sanction what would be an enormous financial package with little or no further return down the line.

Serie A tends to be a league full of past it players matching up against past it players so he'd probably do ok there. His best days are gone though, in terms of a Moneyball approach his signing made no sense when Fergie bought him let alone now.

Serie A tends to be a league full of past it players matching up against past it players so he'd probably do ok there. His best days are gone though, in terms of a Moneyball approach his signing made no sense when Fergie bought him let alone now.
To put the cat among the pigeons the best move for Robin Van Persie could well be Spurs.

I don't think so. Pochettino is wedded to this high pressing style and RvP is basically a poor man's Ruud van Nistelrooy these days, he doesn't contribute anything other than finishing (and even that's been indifferent for a while). He's less of an obvious prick than Adebayor but you'd get the same results, not going to work under that manager.

Levy doesn't sanction big money moves for players of that age either.

I don't think so. Pochettino is wedded to this high pressing style and RvP is basically a poor man's Ruud van Nistelrooy these days, he doesn't contribute anything other than finishing (and even that's been indifferent for a while). He's less of an obvious prick than Adebayor but you'd get the same results, not going to work under that manager.

Levy doesn't sanction big money moves for players of that age either.

I was thinking of the best fit going forward for Spurs at centre foward and I kept coming back to Steven Fletcher.

They need to try and keep hold of Icardi, he's superb.

You'd think Inter would have learnt about signing over the hill Man United players. Vidic has been dire.

Strømsgodset goalkeeper Adam Larsen Kwarasey has signed for a club called Portland Timbers.

Rumours about Arsenal bidding £15M for Schneiderlin. For me that looks the perfect signing at this time.

That would be a massive blow to Southampton.

Southampton will quite rightly tell them to do one. That's derisory.

He's the best in the league at what he does with the exception of Matic. He's brilliant.

Leicester City linked to another young striker this morning which could move Wood further down the pecking order as they seek the fire power for Premier league survival.
Leicester City have tabled a £7.9 million bid for Rijeka forward Andrej Kramaric.

Wood is younger than Graham with a fairly similar goal record at this level, and will be on less wages. If we could agree terms with him I'd be open to us signing him but not sure if we will go back in for him.

Wood on less wages? You sure about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back