• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to Atleti/Simeone if they get Torres working properly after years of malfunctioning.I just don't see it.

Talk shite reckon that one of the first deals in the January transfer window will be Berahino to either Spurs or, more likely, Liverpool for £23.5m!

Fook me that's a lot of money. When will Liverpool learn?

Darren Bent going on loan to Derby in Jan.

Roger Espinoza leaving Wigan. I'd have him here but he's probably off to MLS again.

Thought he looked gash in the PL, didn't even realise he was still at Wigan.

Wigan fans seem to love him but a succession of managers have only used him sparingly. Bit of a luxury player I think.

Didn't Martinez put him at left wing back for a while when he first signed him? He has some very strange ideas.

I think he might've been at wing back for the Cup Final?

I wouldn't describe him as a luxury. Definitely full of running.

Mexican fullback Miguel Layun, who is an excellent player, has signed for Granada in Spain.

Valencia sign Enzo Pérez for about £20 million from Benfica. I think he was a target for Man utd.

I thought they were utterly fucking broke?

Any danger of them finishing the New Mestalla?

They've been taken over by Peter Lim (who also has a stake in Salford City with the Class of 92). Not teetering on the edge any more like they have been for a decade or so. Work back under way on the ground but it will take some time to sort out, like any construction project that has been long term mothballed you have issues with what's already been built becoming unusable.

http://www.estadiosdeespana.com/posts/valencia-nou-mestalla/

Taken from the article that you can find on the link above, which pretty much concurs with what Deutsch said in his post above.

After years of searching, and a rather protracted courtship, Valencia did find a new owner in the shape of Singapore businessman and owner of the Meriton Group, Peter Lim. Understandably, Lim’s priority will be to stabilise the club’s finances and build upon the bright start the side has made to the 2014-15 season. He and his representatives have however been more cautious about the future of the Nou Mestalla. They did visit the site at the end of October 2014, but only stated that the club will celebrate its centenary in 2019 with “new stands”. Whether that is at the site of the historic Mestalla or its troubled successor remains to be seen. Whilst it may seem incredulous to spend €100m on a stadium and walk away, it isn’t as straightforward as starting up again at the Nou Mestalla. The site has been exposed to the elements for nearly six years and reports suggest that it will require further investment just to get it back to a point where construction can continue. Could Valencia just walk away from the project and re-focus on redeveloping their historic home? Time will tell, but let’s hope that Valencia CF under Peter Lim understand the importance of timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back