• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Hutchinson signs for Sheffield Wednesday thats the centre back position sorted. Where for our Roger?

Sam Hutchinson signs for Sheffield Wednesday thats the centre back position sorted. Where for our Roger?

Is he the ex-Chelsea youth? (So many Hutchinsons,at least two!)

Matt Jarvis did well for us in a struggling side. Picked up for next to nothing and sold for a fortune.

Isn't the coach also responsible for opening up a players mind to various ways of attacking the opposition and working on those situations during training sessions?

They certainly would be, do you see Jarvis as a well rounded enough player to be capable of other styles of play though? Can you see him skipping inside his fullback and driving towards goal?

I think he's a severely limited player, don't think there's much else he can do other than what he currently offers.

Thats the one, had a near career ending injury, revived his career in Holland.

Thanks,he had good potential according to Chelsea fans,before the injury.Ofcourse he'd never play for them. :)

They certainly would be, do you see Jarvis as a well rounded enough player to be capable of other styles of play though? Can you see him skipping inside his fullback and driving towards goal?

I think he's a severely limited player, don't think there's much else he can do other than what he currently offers.

I know if I'm Matt Jarvis on 40k a week I would explore all opportunities to develop my game to retain that status. Does Matt now cross the ball better with his left foot than during his time at Wolves?

I know if I'm Matt Jarvis on 40k a week I would explore all opportunities to develop my game to retain that status. Does Matt now cross the ball better with his left foot than during his time at Wolves?

Exploring opportunities is all well and good but i plain don't think he's got the ability to fulfil any of them, he hasn't the technical ability to play on the inside, for all his success at beating the fullback how often do you actually see him dribble? It's always slowing the fullback to a standstill then kick and rush to get round the back of him, can't see him being afforded the time and space to do that sort of thing if he came in from the touchline.

Exploring opportunities is all well and good but i plain don't think he's got the ability to fulfil any of them, he hasn't the technical ability to play on the inside, for all his success at beating the fullback how often do you actually see him dribble? It's always slowing the fullback to a standstill then kick and rush to get round the back of him, can't see him being afforded the time and space to do that sort of thing if he came in from the touchline.

Is this the difference between English and Dutch a Jarvis and a Robben.
Once capped by Capello then stood still once rejected by Chelsea then developed a more rounded game?

Comparing Jarvis with Robben? Right, OK then!

Robben was already one of the best wingers in the world at Chelsea.

Is this the difference between English and Dutch a Jarvis and a Robben.
Once capped by Capello then stood still once rejected by Chelsea then developed a more rounded game?

I think the damage was done for Jarvis long before those incidents.

Comparing Jarvis with Robben? Right, OK then!

Robben was already one of the best wingers in the world at Chelsea.

Moreso a comparison in mentality to change rather than ability with the ball at ones feet or the ability to dive.

His goals ratio for last season of 2 in 23 games for a limited winger isn't too bad when compared to the likes of a superstar striker like Steven Fletcher who got 3 in 20 games.

Matt Jarvis is somewhat limited as a footballer and by the systems employed by the managers he has played for. I don't get why he is slated so much when the reality is he did well for Wolves and we made a huge profit on him. He would do well in a number of other Premier League teams but I can't see the likes of A****n or Burmley being able to afford the fee West Ham would want for him.

I loved Jarvis for us, one of the few players we had who the opposition would seem genuinely worried about and was exciting to watch when he was playing well. Nothing but respect for the way he handed himself when he left too.

He was a very basic type of player, and there was nothing wrong with that if you play to his strengths. Could have have been a more varied player though? Definitely. I never felt like the shackles were off weith him apart from when we were down and Connor was manager. For those 13 (?) games he seemed to float about more, and run at players all over the pitch and make runs in behind. His goalscoring record was excellent in that period too.

Under Allardyce I rarely seem him take on his full back. He's either played on the right (where he is clearly no where near as effective) or told to cut back and cross in early from a deep position. I thought Allardyce might make him more effective but he's not utilised him well at all. West Ham are a pretty negative side (even by our standards) most of the time so t's not that much of a surprise I guess.

His goals ratio for last season of 2 in 23 games for a limited winger isn't too bad when compared to the likes of a superstar striker like Steven Fletcher who got 3 in 20 games.

Matt Jarvis is somewhat limited as a footballer and by the systems employed by the managers he has played for. I don't get why he is slated so much when the reality is he did well for Wolves and we made a huge profit on him. He would do well in a number of other Premier League teams but I can't see the likes of A****n or Burmley being able to afford the fee West Ham would want for him.

Sounds like someone's trying to get personal.

Struck a nerve?

Looks like Toni Kroos to Real Madrid is happening,for a pittance (£20-25m).Dirt cheap!

Looks like Toni Kroos to Real Madrid is happening,for a pittance (£20-25m).Dirt cheap!

Very interested to see how he fits in there. He's a different style to all of the three that currently play centrally.

Amazed Bayern are letting him go given that Schweini is becoming more injury prone and probably only has 2-3 years left in him at the very top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back