• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
On RAWK, some Liverpool fans think Toure has been kept on due to his experience which will help the younger players coming through.

Which is fine, but they have to contribute too. We signed Gary Breen, Micky Gray and Marcus Hahnemann and they all did a great job. You can't just re-sign an old guy and say 'he will give experience', last time I checked football had no call for Mr Miyagi types.

The "he's experienced" line holds no weight. What's he going to teach the young kids, how not to mark someone?

Liverpool being heavily linked with Benteke. He's been in England three years and I'm still not sure about him, when he's on he's genuinely excellent but he has so many dips in form and when he's bad, he looks like he's never played football before. Seems to have a bit of an ego as well. Obviously he is better than what they have by a long way but I think there's better bang for your buck elsewhere.

Liverpool being heavily linked with Benteke. He's been in England three years and I'm still not sure about him, when he's on he's genuinely excellent but he has so many dips in form and when he's bad, he looks like he's never played football before. Seems to have a bit of an ego as well. Obviously he is better than what they have by a long way but I think there's better bang for your buck elsewhere.

Benteke is a typical Liverpool signing over the last few years - Mid market flavour of the month.

Especially as Forest and I think Blackburn are still under embargo for smaller offences. Looks like QPR are taking the piss, again.

Christian Atsu going on loan to Bournemouth.

Looks like they're getting the signings in before the inevitable embargo comes.

QPR I guess. Referring to the Luongo and Gladwin deals rather than anything by Bournemouth.

Yep might be a drawn out summer of legal tangles between them and the football league.

Anthony Pilkington available for a nominal fee at Cardiff City. A player I wouldn't mind in a Wolves shirt.

Good player but gets injured far too much.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.
Danny Ings tells Spurs he wants to sign for Liverpool . Spurs then bid £12million to increase tribunal price Liverpool have to pay. Burnley then sell Trippier to Spurs for inflated fee.

Arsenal in for Ki? I think he'd do well there.

Norwich release 6 - Kyle McFadden, Sam Kelly, Javier Garrido, Carlos Cuellar, Mark Bunn and Luciano Becchio.

Josh King off to Bournemouth by the looks of it. He is nowhere near PL quality.

Norwich release 6 - Kyle McFadden, Sam Kelly, Javier Garrido, Carlos Cuellar, Mark Bunn and Luciano Becchio.

Becchio might do well for us! I know he is not what he was but surely he wouldnt have too high wages given his last 2 years?

Josh King off to Bournemouth by the looks of it. He is nowhere near PL quality.
Strange signings from Bournemouth this week, Federici, Boruc, the lad who was at Everton on loan from Chelsea (cannot remember his name) and King, none of whom are really Premier League quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back