• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really did want yet another player in that area (despite having the most competition there out of anyone in the whole of Europe) then Draxler is probably leaving Schalke this summer and is cheaper and better than Sterling.

I've heard Rodgers is definitely getting the boot this summer.

Jamie Ward having a medical at Forest. Their fans are not happy about it. :icon_lol:

Apparently Aston Villa have agreed a fee for Scott Sinclair from City.

£25 million.

I'd say it with absolute confidence right now, unless something very, very odd happens at one of the current top four clubs then there is no way that Liverpool are making the Champions League next season if Brendan Rodgers is the manager. They're more likely to slip behind Spurs and Southampton.

Real Madrid is the big one for Klopp. There aren't tons of high profile candidates that are potential managers for them - given that Simeone won't cross the city, not directly anyway - and it would go against Perez's history to retain Ancelotti after the season has fizzled out. Of course he might have been told that he's not in the running there and given that it seems that Pellegrini is getting another year at City (not that City's current squad is in any way compatible with Klopp's football) then there aren't any other really big superclub jobs going to come up this summer.

If he isn't getting the Real gig then he might be tempted by Liverpool, I don't like them as a club but what with their history they are still a big pull, also the ego boost you'd get as a manager if you were the one to finally win them the league again. And you're probably not expected to go and win the title straight away, you'd have time, you just need to show consistent progress. He wants to manage in England now his English has improved a lot over the last couple of years. If it were in any way possible then FSG would be mad not to go for it, Rodgers -> Klopp is an upgrade on a par with Saunders -> Jackett, they're not even in the same stratosphere.

I can't believe they're sitting there as owners of a club for whom they have aspirations of rejoining the elite, then they're looking at Rodgers continually dicking around with formations, three at the back, no strikers in the team despite him signing four of them, wide forwards at wingback, his transfer record as a whole, listening to the utter shit he comes out with and thinking he's the man for the job.

I suspect they're afraid of the fans - 12 months ago he'd gone very close to delivering the title and could do no wrong - and he's still living off the residue of that. But the fans are already turning. I think he'll be OK for another 12 months, but if he doesnt get CL football next year he'll be gone.

Er, you've missed a decimal point there :icon_lol:

I suspect they're afraid of the fans - 12 months ago he'd gone very close to delivering the title and could do no wrong - and he's still living off the residue of that. But the fans are already turning. I think he'll be OK for another 12 months, but if he doesnt get CL football next year he'll be gone.

I think the fans are starting to suspect last season was 90% Suarez being in ridiculous form. After all they couldn't defend last year either.

He doesn't help himself, slagged off Spurs for their use of the Bale money on a load of middling players who were more miss than hit, then he goes and does the exact same thing when Suarez goes.

Shows me for trusting American media...

Yarp. He could be in trouble if it gets to christmas and they're outside the top 6 - which is very possible.

Liverpool need to replace

Gerrard (obvs)
Sterling (if he leaves)
Sturridge (cannot rely on him staying injury-free)
Lambert (not good enough)
Balotelli (clearly not in the plans of the manager and also a right nutjob)
Johnson (I think he is out of contract)
Lovren (completely not good enough)

In addition - Martin Skrtel isn't getting any younger and the defence is generally a bombscare, Lucas is finding it hard to stay injury free, and it could be argued that one of Henderson and Lallana needs upgrading (possibly both)

Plus Mignolet, who actually is of a decent standard, is clearly not trusted by the manager and Brentdan probably wants another keeper as Brad Jones is fucking shite.

Good to see such a minimal tweak needed to the squad a year after spaffing £100m.

I have no idea why Rodgers bought Lambert. He's a good striker, not CL level but will get you goals domestically. He's barely used him and when he does he has no idea how to use him.

He also does the old Dalglish trick - Dalglish bought Downing and Carroll and you would think one would supply the other, that was the idea. Yet they barely played together, if one started the other was on the bench. Rodgers has done that with Lallana and Lambert who had a track record of linking well together.

Arsenal have agreed a deal for Lens youngsters Yassin Fortune (16) and Jeff Reine-Adelaïde (17) for €4m. It seems that even at Academy levels you have to pay top price for the very best players. How Wolves are going to compete even at Academy level is anyones guess.

Bayern Leverkusen have confirmed that Dortmund have activated Gonzalo Castro's €11m release clause.

Bayern Leverkusen have confirmed that Dortmund have activated Gonzalo Castro's €11m release clause.

Hummels is staying too.

Really interesting season ahead for them under Tuchel.

Manchester Evening News claim Tottenham want Manchester United centre back Jonny Evans this summer. Spurs looking at seventh place then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back