• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balotelli would have looked a whole lot better if Rodgers had ever used a system that didn't assume all strikers are capable of creating something out of absolutely nothing a la Suarez and Sturridge.

Balotelli would have looked a whole lot better if Rodgers had ever used a system that didn't assume all strikers are capable of creating something out of absolutely nothing a la Suarez and Sturridge.

He wouldn't. He is toss. There is a good reason why his value has steadily declined since 2010 while the market as a whole has inflated massively.

City paid £24m for him which now would be what, £35m? Liverpool would be lucky to get £5m for him now.

When they signed Balotelli I asked an ex how many goals Mario would score. He said "definitely more than 10". Too bad I can't rub that in his face now.

He wouldn't. He is toss. There is a good reason why his value has steadily declined since 2010 while the market as a whole has inflated massively.

City paid £24m for him which now would be what, £35m? Liverpool would be lucky to get £5m for him now.

I just don't agree with that, there's a player in there but his issue is that because of his temperament things have to be 100% set up for him (in terms of system rather than chances) for things to really roll. It's not as if he flopped at AC Milan.

You don't agree his value has declined? Milan made a loss on him!

Hah, no, there's no arguing that point. I just don't agree that he's a total "toss". But I think he has the talent to recreate his Euro 2012 form on a consistent basis. Not likely to happen, but not an impossibility.

I just don't agree with that, there's a player in there but his issue is that because of his temperament things have to be 100% set up for him (in terms of system rather than chances) for things to really roll. It's not as if he flopped at AC Milan.

They binned him off for a reason. He's not as good as he thinks he is and his 1 in 10 good game to strolling around not giving a shot games are not good enough for any top division.

They binned him off for a reason. He's not as good as he thinks he is and his 1 in 10 good game to strolling around not giving a shot games are not good enough for any top division.

Also no arguing that, but again I think given the right system he wouldn't just be strolling around. He's looked that way at Liverpool because A) he's not smart enough to figure out the system for himself, B) Brendan isn't smart enough to help him figure out the system, and C) the system is the opposite of good for his skill set.

He would just stroll around because that is all he has ever done.

He would just stroll around because that is all he has ever done.

tumblr_napiormsZJ1qjhzvpo1_r1_500.gif

I'll always have a soft spot for the guy. Can't help it, I guess.

He's a bellend and a fraud. Whoever signs him will have the same problems.

The most overhyped footballer ever. Multiple big moves but you name me one big season he ever had. There are none. Mateja Kezman and Marcus Stewart brought more to the table than that wankstain.

He's a bellend and a fraud. Whoever signs him will have the same problems.

The most overhyped footballer ever. Multiple big moves but you name me one big season he ever had. There are none. Mateja Kezman and Marcus Stewart brought more to the table than that $#@!stain.

This post is your forum persona in a nutshell.

There is no persona, that is what I think.

If you can point me to Mario Balotelli's big seasons then I'm all ears.

There is no persona, that is what I think.

If you can point me to Mario Balotelli's big seasons then I'm all ears.

You misunderstand me, I meant it as compliment of sorts!

Apologies, I find your ferocious opinionation quite entertaining, even when we're not in agreement.

I love reading Dans slatings, always a good laugh :) not agree always but you have a way with words and expressions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back