• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Got a bit of work the other day and got paid cash.
So I've just been up to Sainsbury's in Newry to spend most of it on bonus drinks.
Stuff we'd not usually have in, so I'm looking at bottles of Cointreau, Jagermeister, Litres of whisky, Gin for the in laws and rum for us and a shit load of Abbotts and Fullers IPA.

Did my charity thing too.
Stuff like that makes me happy.

Picked up a nice two-pound fillet of beef ready to make my beef wellington for Christmas day. Awesome.

Turkey is passe.

Fillet, ardennes pate, duxelles, pastry. Nice Sauce Robert. What's not to like.

Doing a nice pork medallion and scallop starter as well. Squeeze is on the Eton Mess for pud. Going to be right fat bastards at Paddington Towers this year.

We're having ours wrapped in Parma ham with chicken liver pate plus a mix of forestiere, shiitake and wild mushrooms. Red wine reduction too. Lovely. Cheese board after too. And fuckloads of champagne and wine to wash it down with, naturally.

I was VERY happy to find Marsala wine in Morrisons yesterday. Needed some of that for my larder for donkeys. Great sauce-making ingredient.

Get cooking Nando. Really isn't a testing dish. As long as you remember to make a pancake to go underneath the fillet or you get a soggy bottom to your pastry.

Although I imagine it sticks in Redknapp's turkey neck like a craw that he's effectively been replaced by one of his lackeys inside 18 months while he's bumming around the Championship, which is amusing.
:icon_biggrin:

I've finished writing the song that will be our first dance when we wed in April, she hasn't a clue what I've done. Now to find a studio that will get it down and on CD for under £100...

Maybe Madhouse in Birmingham could do you a deal? They are supposed to be pretty good, but I don't know their prices

Never recorded anything before, so don't even know where to start tbf

I know they do a deal with mastering and CD production so you would have the full enchilada but I can't tell you on cost. Hope you find somewhere amazing.

Machin's band have done a fair bit of recording I think - he should be able to help.

Being Jewish makes this time of year a bit of a berk. I prefer to call it "Classic Movies and Chinese Food week". Those 2 things make me happy.

Happy to do Christmas with my family today as I was working yesterday. Had a great dinner, two amazing french wines on the go ( 2008 St Emillion and a 2009 Chateaunuf du Pap), cheeseboard on the table, brand new smartphone charging up, dogs looking lovely by the fire, brother preparing electronic Cluedo, mother happy to have us all under one roof......

NOW it feels like Christmas

Back