• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

They're selling mulled cider in the Hogshead at the moment, or at least they were when I popped in last week. Might be horrible though as I didn't have any.

They're selling mulled cider in the Hogshead at the moment, or at least they were when I popped in last week. Might be horrible though as I didn't have any.

I really don't like cheap, nasty cider at all but this mulled stuff I had was very nice. Can't remember the make of it or anything so I'll check it out.

I went to my friend's house on Saturday night and he had a bottle of mulled cider. Cost about £2-£3 ish for 2 litres - stick some in the pan, pour into a mug, quaff away. It was lovely.

Rekorderlig have released a "winter cider" which I assume is the same kind of thing; I haven't tried it yet however. I quite like the mulled cider they sell at the German market.

Rekorderlig have released a "winter cider" which I asusme is the same kind of thing; I haven't tried it yet however. I quite like the mulled cider they sell at the German market.

I have successfully avoided the German market this year. I can't abide the place.

It's not too bad in the day time and early December time. On the night time you just get taken wherever the crowd are heading, basically.

It's not too bad in the day time and early December time. On the night time you just get taken wherever the crowd are heading, basically.

I see no need to go there whatsoever (be it day or night) when there's a perfectly excellent pub - The Wellington - not a 5 minute walkaway which is warm, less busy, less tacky, cheaper and the beer is vastly superior.

Rekorderlig have released a "winter cider" which I assume is the same kind of thing; I haven't tried it yet however. I quite like the mulled cider they sell at the German market.

The Rekordelig stuff is bloody lovely Sam. If you like warm cider on a cold night it's spot on.

The fact that it's now the socially acceptable time of year to drink mulled wine again. Any recommendations of where to get a decent bottle? ASDA are selling some for £2.50 but if it tastes like anything other than cat piss I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It's really nice actually Sam.

The purple one (didn't like the orange labelled ginger flavoured one) is good. Put some in a mug and microwave for 90 seconds and your away. My Mrs loves it and for £2.50 you can't complain!

It's really nice actually Sam.

The purple one (didn't like the orange labelled ginger flavoured one) is good. Put some in a mug and microwave for 90 seconds and your away. My Mrs loves it and for £2.50 you can't complain!

Excellent! I picked up one of each on my way back from work yesterday so will give it a try tonight. Think I may try the nicer one first, however...

Update on a previous post. Back in September I set myself a target if losing 2 stone by Christmas Day - I have 1lb to go. At 43 years old I also decided to have a crack at running (even though I think it a largely pointless activity). Last week I broke 30 minutes for 5k - this morning I did my first ever 10k. I don't think I have ever run this far in my life - when we did cross country at school I always cheated.

That's awesome TSB.

I could do with a bit of that inspiration myself.

Do you still find it a pointless activity despite your progress?

I did consider running, then I remembered that I have never seen a jogger smiling, so naw :)

Yesterday I met Roy Keane, Martin O'Neill, Robbie Keane, Packie Bonner, Brian Kerr, Frank Stapleton, and various other stalwarts of the Irish sporting scene as I was working at a drinks reception for the Irish Independent Sports Writers Awards. All nice guys and were happy to chat and pose for photos, no airs and graces.

Some nice footage of my workplace in the background

[video]http://www.independent.ie/videos/sport/packie-bonner-on-the-keaneoneill-dream-team-29849525.html[/video]

Some nice footage of my workplace in the background

[video]http://www.independent.ie/videos/sport/packie-bonner-on-the-keaneoneill-dream-team-29849525.html[/video]

Looks great!
Pity you couldn't squeeze into one of the shots.
Or maybe you got into the 23 shots that they edited out?

Back