• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Just bought 2 tickets to go see Roger Waters & his Wall concert in Dublin. Wednesday!

Taking The Drummer...

Langers, detailed review please?
And how much were your tickets?

It was stunning, Roy. Absolutely stunning. The star of the show is the wall itself - a huge prop onto which there are some superb projections - graphics, animation, shots of the band playing, a bit of politics, some arty stuff etc. I couldn't believe the size of the wall when I got into the stadium. It'll take your breath away. (Tickets were free from a mate so that was an added bonus!!)

There are a few surprises - particularly the schoolmaster and something cool happens at the end of In The Flesh (so don't be late getting there).

Oh and there was also a giant inflatable pig the size of a house floating over the audience.

The sound quality was far better than I had expected as well. I was expecting a treat but it was better and more spectacular than I thought it would be and there were times when I thought 'how have they just done that?' It's very well put together. And this photo (that gives you an idea of scale - see the band in the middle) really doesn't do it justice.

533233_10152478920250016_1497672628_n.jpg

Decided that, with only 2 paydays left (get paid weekly) to buy stuff whilst I can. Because I'm a massive wrestling geek, I've ordered tickets for WWE in November and TNA some time next year...

Top that with GTA tomorrow and FIFA next week, I've gone of a bit of a spree. Which makes me happy, for now...

It was stunning, Roy. Absolutely stunning. The star of the show is the wall itself - a huge prop onto which there are some superb projections - graphics, animation, shots of the band playing, a bit of politics, some arty stuff etc. I couldn't believe the size of the wall when I got into the stadium. It'll take your breath away. (Tickets were free from a mate so that was an added bonus!!)

There are a few surprises - particularly the schoolmaster and something cool happens at the end of In The Flesh (so don't be late getting there).

Oh and there was also a giant inflatable pig the size of a house floating over the audience.

The sound quality was far better than I had expected as well. I was expecting a treat but it was better and more spectacular than I thought it would be and there were times when I thought 'how have they just done that?' It's very well put together. And this photo (that gives you an idea of scale - see the band in the middle) really doesn't do it justice.

533233_10152478920250016_1497672628_n.jpg

I saw this show in an arena in 2011 and was stunned at the scale of it then so cant wait to see it outdoors.
Special mention has to go to the band, I wondered how the guitarist would handle David Gilmours solos and voice, but he was note perfect on both. Really looking forward to this gig.
Got Soundgarden tonight first, proper fooking balls out rock :headbang:

Yes, the guitarist was excellent. As were all the musicians.

Just had to Google that show. Didn't know who the bloke was (sorry!)

Looks awesome though!

Only a little thing, but my contract has been extended another week. Meay only be a week but means I can save a bit more and make sure I don't have to worry about finances so much for when I'm not working :)

Good luck in finding something Surrey.
I went through similar in late 2008 - bad timing or what!
Was such a relief to get a job again.

Good luck in finding something Surrey.
I went through similar in late 2008 - bad timing or what!
Was such a relief to get a job again.

I lost a job back in the summer of 2008 and went 2 years without being able to find another. So I know to be grateful for even the smallest of things concerning work.

Went to see Roger Waters & his Wall last night.
Because it was in a football stadium the wall was about 200 yards wide and became a screen upon which the most fantastic and innovative computer generated graphics and film clips were shown to devasting effect with brilliant music as a shattering background.

I thought it was a bit pricy (€95 for a seat) but it was without doubt the best visual experience I've ever had, a stunning concert and one which I don't think will ever be exceeded in my lifetime.
Utterly monumental. Plus I went with the Drummer so it was doubly monumental.

I'd highly recommend anyone to go see it for the stunning visuals alone, but this was the penultimate performance and the last concert ".. to an English speaking audience, as the last one will be in Paris".
Proud to have been a witness to it.

Only downside was the continuous stream of people traipsing up to the bar and back again and some cunt on the balcony above launching pints of beer into the seats below.

Pleased you enjoyed the gig mate. The wall was rather ridiculous, wasn't it?

It was a bit unusual at the start of the 2nd half when you could clearly see a decent light show going on behind the wall... felt like we were all being excluded, but it occured to me that this may well have been a bit of a sub plot... 'see how it feels', kind of thing...?

But the way it was used and the various live clips of Waters and the band projected on it in a kind of cinematic 8mm was brilliant.

In fact we were in the mid price seats, but if we'd have paid top dollar and got a seat at the front we'd have missed so much, as you needed to be a good bit back to take it all in.

It was a bit unusual at the start of the 2nd half when you could clearly see a decent light show going on behind the wall... felt like we were all being excluded, but it occured to me that this may well have been a bit of a sub plot... 'see how it feels', kind of thing...?

But the way it was used and the various live clips of Waters and the band projected on it in a kind of cinematic 8mm was brilliant.

In fact we were in the mid price seats, but if we'd have paid top dollar and got a seat at the front we'd have missed so much, as you needed to be a good bit back to take it all in.

Yes, you're right with the lights. There wasn't anything to see really. We were probably in the best place because you're right - if you were too close to the front you'd miss so much. Like you, I thought it was the most visually impressive gig I've ever seen. It'll take some beating, that's for sure.

The size of the stadium suited the scale of the show. Every brick in that wall had its own projections, at one point every brick was filled with photos of dead soldiers from around the World. Also the show carried huge political messages which really hit home - Bring the Boys back Home, Fear Builds Walls, At what point does greed and envy become profit and loss and is it worth it to kill a child? How can we continue to steal resources from those who go hungry accompanied by pictures of starving Africans. It also had a shocking bit where a tube train stretched out across the Wall and then blew up, plus references towards Iranian and Syrian crimes against humanity.

It was immense and very cathartic for me to see it with my Dad as a lot of the album references Rogers father who was killed in WW2

Turning on MOTD and genuinely looking forward to watching it for the first time this season. I do watch any old shite (over 150 live games this season already) but it's nice to see a few cracking games after a tepid start to the year...

It's our first wedding anniversary. It's been a year of highs and lows but we're still smiling and we're in a beautiful part of the world. Happy Days.

Finally got the go ahead to start driving again after the operation. You don't know how much of a pain it is not to be able to until you can't.

It's our first wedding anniversary. It's been a year of highs and lows but we're still smiling and we're in a beautiful part of the world. Happy Days.

Congratulations to you and Paddy. That year seems to have gone quickly!

Back