• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Every quarter we have an innovations competition at work where you submit ideas to improve products or processes etc, and if your idea is good enough you go through to a Directors Den style thing, where you pitch your idea to a panel of Ops Managers.

Got an email this morning to say my idea has gone through to the Directors Den, and I have to prepare a presentation for next week. Top prize is €1,000. Only thing is, I'm in Florida next week, so I won't actually be presenting my idea. But my manager likes the idea, he wants to roll it out even if it doesn't win the Directors Den.

My 1 year anniversary for the company I work for happened today, got called in to the Quality Managers office this afternoon and sat me down..(I was hoping for a full time contract as I'm currently a "contingent worker")
However he did explain to me he wanted to me change directions and be the champion for the plant to drive down COPQ and if he sees some small "wins" I'd be considered for a full time contract.
Kinda chuffed about that to be honest :)

Good news Ray.Working in ' Quality ' is not always the easiest of jobs, and you are not always the people's best mate ( have seen it over the 33 years with hubby) and in a way to get on you have to be a bit of a 'tough nut ' at times. I wish you all the best and success, and I know hubby would wish it you too.

Seeing the Penguins raise another banner up to the rafters last night. I have seen some great players come and go over the 18 years, seen Stanley Cups won, and lost, had tears of joy, tears of heartache. Penguins hockey, it's one thing I will certainly miss.

Good news Ray.Working in ' Quality ' is not always the easiest of jobs, and you are not always the people's best mate ( have seen it over the 33 years with hubby) and in a way to get on you have to be a bit of a 'tough nut ' at times. I wish you all the best and success, and I know hubby would wish it you too.

Thanks Sue! (And Warren!!)

Yes you are right it's not an easy profession and we are the "Bad Guys" for manufacturing facilities, luckily though the company I am contracted to is a global company and hopefully one day if they ever do decide to hire me they do have several UK based facilities (Liverpool, Sunderland, Burton and.....WEDNESBURY!) I could always transfer to if I got tired of "Murica!"

The Streets are back in 2018!! Take my money Mike.

Halloween decoration shit is staying in the loft, can't be arsed.. Never ever again will I have to do them bloody party bags for the Spidermen, Snow Whites, Draculas, bloody Ghouls, sodding Skeletons, Vampires, Mermaids, and pissing Pirates of Allegheny County.

So yeah, happy it's me last Halloween here.

That's exactly the way I've felt about Christmas for the last 20 years.

That's exactly the way I've felt about Christmas for the last 20 years.

Can understand that. Christmas means different things to different people. Have learnt over the years that it's not for everyone, and there are people who literally hate it. I must've got on people's tits on here sometimes harping on about it.

The Streets are back in 2018!! Take my money Mike.
Only got their first album (that I've never properly listened to, tbh) but they're playing the academy.

Its a shithole, so I'm out.

Can understand that. Christmas means different things to different people. Have learnt over the years that it's not for everyone, and there are people who literally hate it. I must've got on people's tits on here sometimes harping on about it.

Is it time to start a Christmas thread? :yikes:

Is it time to start a Christmas thread? :yikes:

Oh God no, Vis gets antisocial. Although do you know what I saw yesterday? A Christmas tree with lights on in someone's front window. Now that's too early, even for me :)

Trying to get my tickets from O2 priority in the morning

Any luck? Or is it 9am. Now I've realised it's the tiny grubby venue in Bham not the NEC ha, I'm worried they'll sell rather quickly

Sold out instantly any way. Could be hard to get them Friday.

The number of weeks left on my retirement countdown clock have clicked to less than 40......

I'm at home this afternoon and should be working. But you know what...I can't be arsed. What are they gonna do?

Sold out instantly any way. Could be hard to get them Friday.
Just be online ready, with different agencies. Also, if demand is excessive, keep an eye out for additional dates.

The number of weeks left on my retirement countdown clock have clicked to less than 40......

I'm at home this afternoon and should be working. But you know what...I can't be arsed. What are they gonna do?
Fire you and withdraw your pension privileges? :icon_wink:

Back