• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Booked tickets to go see the New York Islanders v New Jersey Devils in January. (wanted to go to Madison Square to watch something but the games on there are on the day I arrive and then leave and in between is some daft fookin Bull riding event, so over to Brooklyn I go)

Never been to an Ice Hockey game before, don't really know the rules but if I don't see at least 1 fight on the ice, I want a refund

Kenny you are gonna love it! If you enjoyed the baseball then you will love the hockey. Fights aren't what they used to be, and don't seem to happen as frequently, but they do still drop the gloves and knock seven colours of shit out of each other! Read up on the basic rules before you go, you will enjoy it more. There is no sport that is more exciting than ice hockey I don't think, and actually being there watching it, it's a brilliant experience. GO PENGUINS... starts next week :)

There are some beautiful beaches in Cornwall and Devon, (nearly as good as Lincolnshire...)

Just spent the afternoon on Rock Beach. Just google it and look at the images.

Is there anywhere more beautiful?

Back at the cottage now and drinking some Cornish beers. Fish and chips later.

(Also still enjoying the win from yesterday...life is great!)

Kenny if you don't enjoy it I'll give you the refund meself!

Can I drink/eat whilst watching from my seat? If so I will enjoy it...i'm in New York, so I will be happy anyway

Can I drink/eat whilst watching from my seat? If so I will enjoy it...i'm in New York, so I will be happy anyway

Yes. Someone even comes round with beers to buy whilst you are in your seats, save you getting up. Ok it ay Craft Beers but it's drinkable!

Booked tickets to go see the New York Islanders v New Jersey Devils in January. (wanted to go to Madison Square to watch something but the games on there are on the day I arrive and then leave and in between is some daft fookin Bull riding event, so over to Brooklyn I go)

Never been to an Ice Hockey game before, don't really know the rules but if I don't see at least 1 fight on the ice, I want a refund

NJ Devils is my favourite NHL team :)

Yes. Someone even comes round with beers to buy whilst you are in your seats, save you getting up. Ok it ay Craft Beers but it's drinkable!
Refund cancelled

Ice hockey games are class, good atmosphere, loads of snacks and beers and you may see a fight between those two.
Don't bother with the rules, there's loads of stoppages and the jumbotron tells you what's going on anyway so you won't be left behind. It's a ridiculously fast game, I always found watching what was happening on the ice difficult to actually process, any time the Canucks scored I only realised it cod the siren was blasting and the crowd were cheering.

Well, bowls season has come to an end.
Didn't win the league - runners up. However we did win the 2 cups on offer :)

Well, bowls season has come to an end.
Didn't win the league - runners up. However we did win the 2 cups on offer :)

Always nice to get a cup or two - well done

Club wise this year in the leagues we were again mid table in one & the main Dorset lg struggled a little though ultimately survived satisfactorily (good for the 2nd team as they had been promoted up a division this yr)

Is it true, there's going to be a Christmas Special of Downton Abbey???

My 1 year anniversary for the company I work for happened today, got called in to the Quality Managers office this afternoon and sat me down..(I was hoping for a full time contract as I'm currently a "contingent worker")
However he did explain to me he wanted to me change directions and be the champion for the plant to drive down COPQ and if he sees some small "wins" I'd be considered for a full time contract.
Kinda chuffed about that to be honest :)

Back